• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lost Tri color Female setter! FOUND!!!!!

uplander

Just found out the guy who owns the sister to my dog lost her in the woods 9 miles South of Grand Rappids last weekend. He has spent many hours searching and handed out hundreds of flyers but I thought i'ld try here. can't hurt! any info would be great.. thanks all ...uplander

When did this happen and is the dog chipped? I'm sure he knows what to do but sometimes your not thinking right.Who do they contact? Deer season is coming up and A good time to fined a dog. I know somebody that has a cabin 8miles south and will be hunting in Nov up there. Tell you friend to leave something that has his scent on it were he was hunting and check back offen, Dogs will offen back track.

It was about 9 days ago now. I know he has really put forth the effort to find her. I just felt posting here might be a good idea just incase some hunters picked her up and removed her from the area. She is not chiped but i know he has flyers posted in the area and an $800 reward for her safe return. My bigggest concern is that is big wild country with plenty of wolves and yotes. So unless she has been found by now I don't like her chanses. Post here if you hear anything $800 once again for her safe return!

Tell your buddy to keep the faith, Uplander. We lost our family brittany back in the late 80s north of Duluth and he wound up in someones yard a week and a half later safe and sound! Man I wish he could've talked and told his story. Definitely scary. Grousewoods is right, there's a few other websites as well that might be worth spreading the word on. Keep us posted.

I lost my male lab about 10 years ago. At dark I left my hunting coat where I last saw him and when I returned the next morning he was sleeping on it. I know how hard it is too lose

them for only 12 hours. It is terrible.

Good luck to your buddy. Keep him thinking positive.

tweed

After 18 days lost in the woods ....She was found!..Got the phone call last Wed. while i was on my way to NE to bow hunt. She was skinny and scared but she will make it!! Some local guy had seen her but she was too skittish to come to anyone. When they went to where they had seen her and called for her she layed low and wouldn't show herself..Then the locals dog ran over to where she was laying and pointed her out to the guys. Crazy and lucky!