• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ripley Lines?

HootTooten

Need some help understanding the new line rules?

Both the day prior to the hunt outside the fort and lineing up for the second day.

For those who where there the first weekend did you notice any difference in how the flow went? Where trucks lined up at 10am instead of noon on the day before? Whats this I hear of a $ to get in early?

Thanks Guys

Our guy got there at 6 am but said the gate opened at 5am. Also, instead of shooing the early birds down the road I heard they assessed a $30 "penalty" for showing up early on the first day.

Just another fund raiser I presume.

Read the sheet they sent you. Things have changed in some important areas and they have it all printed.

The second day they let all the parked cars go first, including the spur line from the east for overflow before letting in the arrivals on the morning of day two.

We were out so late due to one of the guys pushing his hunting time to the end that we didn't bother getting in line the night before since it was a mile walk to our camper. We were held by an officer until all the overnights were in.

You're in/out times will be different for the second season due sunrise/sunset times and be aware your Sunday times shift by an hour from Saturday for Daylight Savings Time.

Wanderer - About what time did you finally get thru the last gate on the 2nd day?

I'm debating whether to go up there about 6 PM the day before and get in line and just sleep in my truck or just drive up early the day of the hunt. If I'm only going to save 30 minutes or so by sleeping in my truck, then I'll just drive up the day of the hunt.

Nels

I believe they opened the gates at 5:45 but I know we rolled through at 7:02 am.

We slept in and were still eating breakfast when the line started moving. crazy

To answer your question.... If you're not getting there until 6 pm you'll be about a mile from the gate anyway or in the overflow line. Yes, you will only save 30 minutes at most.

Fishtales is correct - everybody pays the $10.

The $30 is for those who line up before 5 am the day before the hunt. Yes, the day before.

Our guy that went up there to get in line spent 12 hours waiting for us to get there with the camper. Once his truck was parked, he was stuck.

The portable DVD player was a blessing to him.

O.K.

I took some shots when we rolled into the line up area at 6pm the night before the hunt. I just haven't had the time to get them on here.

6 pm at the end of the line - exactly 1 mile from where our buddy parked his truck 12 hours earlier.

HuntingFall2009011.jpg

Cruising down the line looking for him.

HuntingFall2009012.jpg

View from our camper after we nudged to the back. We wound up closer to a couple generators than their users did. We brought ear plugs to sleep with. It was a good idea.

HuntingFall2009013.jpg

Hearty campers.

HuntingFall2009014.jpg

The view from my stand on the first morning. This is where I had a 22 yard shot at a 150 class 8 pointer a few years ago. It was the year I started packing an extra arm guard. I saw does come through this year.

HuntingFall2009015.jpg

A buck I saw from my blind near there.

HuntingFall2009007.jpg

O.K. yeah I spoofed ya. That's a TV buck that helped get me amped while I was organizing my pack before the trip.

HuntingFall2009010.jpg

Can't stress this enough: PACK YOUR GEAR FOR A GRAB AND GO IN THE MORNING WHEN YOU ARRIVE AT YOUR HUNT SPOT. Dawdling through your gear at the vehicle is just wasting your time.

Again, good luck out there next weekend!

Alos what we did to get way from the other peoples genrators. We parked way in the back by the other road we moved ahead a lttle bit from were the line was for lineing up. And drop our trailer in the back which were we stayed was very nice and quite back there.