• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

PS3 streaming?

CJH

Just wondering if anybody has done any streaming of music/video from their PC to their PS3? Just kind of starting to investigate it, as I would like to stream either Itunes or other music and also some movies that I download from Netflix.

Just trying to figure out what I can/can't do!

Thanks for any input!

CJH

Alright, tried to use the media server, but the PS3 says "no media server found". Any tips? Plenty of pics and MP3's on the PC.

Haven't done anything with Playon, waiting to see how the PS3/Netflix streaming is going to work, since they signed an agreement.

Okay, so let me get this straight.

If I download movies to the PC, and I burn the movies to a DVD, they won't play in the PS3, but they will play on the computer.

If I set up to stream from the PC, then I can play the DVD on the PC and it'll show up through the PS3?

.avi files need to be converted to DVD format if you want to put them on a disk and watch them through a disk in the PS3.

Tversity encodes them as it streams to the PS3.

i.e. I have many movies on my PC hard drive. All that I do is set up a "Movies" folder through Tversity, then the PS3 detects it through the wireless network and plays it.

Thanks for the replies. Give me the 10 sec. process of how to do it. I assume you download Tversity on your PC and the PS3?

Sorry I haven't had the PS3 that long and am just figuring everything out.

Thanks!

CJH