• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

L.E.T.S. Go Fishing!!

Bob,

The answer to your question is no. In other word, Two guys form a team and register as such, then the rules state that one of them needs to be present and they can fish with an alternate. Gullguide can confrm this when he gets back online. He has some IP issues right now frown.gif

Paul

BobO,
Sounds like between you and a few others, you could get a team together. All your team needs is at least one of the two "members" to be at an event.
I can see a number of teams set up this way, in fact my team might end up doing this as well.
We did not discuss this at the meeting, but since we did not set anything in stone regarding subs, theoretically one guy could sign up with one partner yet have a different partner for each event.

As of last count, we have 9 teams verbally committed, but it will be the first 15 to get their league fees in. I'll have the registration forms, where to send it and the rules out shortly, as soon as I can get on the forum from home. If we start running into a ton of teams wanting to get in, we moight consider expanding the league by a few boats, but I would be hesitant to go over 20 teams.

I'm really looking forward to the 2 day format. It will give teams a better chance of placing being able to have 2 days to find the fish.

email me if you have any questions or comments at-
[email protected]
At least my email still works!!
>"////=<

[This message has been edited by GullGuide (edited 12-11-2001).]

GullGuide,

I think you can sign me up. This looks much better than last years. Unfortunately, I know nothing about Big Vermillion. Hopefully someone will help some of us out!!!!

I do have questions about how you plan to weigh fish. Is it total weight for each species? Then given a point value?
Are we going to have check ins? Or is it a weigh in at the end of the day?

Thanks

Hammer em,

Gullguides iternet connection is fubar.

For L.E.T.S. The scoring system will be very similar to this years I.C.E. series. Last year we all ways had a one hour break for Lunch and a mid day weigh-in and plan on doing the same this year. This allows you to weigh your catch earlier, thus ensuring a better release survival rate. Also some form of communication is necessary to certify larger fish. The last thing we want is for someone to be dragging a "trophy" sized fish around in there livewell.

Lastly, The best part of last years, and I'm sure this years series, was the willingness of all involved to educate and help each other. I'm sure that if you ask anyone that was involved last year they would agree. I would encourage any of you that have thought about fishing in these events, but are a little apprehensive, to form a team and get involved. A great time is guaranteed for all smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

Now with all the rules out and things beginning to form,....who still needs a partner? I would rather not be an alternate because I really would like to fish all the events, and this is early enough warning that I can schedule for these events. So how about it? Who needs a partner? Like I said before I don't have a boat, but I am willing to make things work out evenly.

E-mail me if you wanna form a partnership,...I live in Hopkins in case that helps.

Looking forward to hearing from someone.

[email protected]
[email protected]

I can't beleive I did not see this post earlier! I will talk to my neighbor and see if he would be interested in fishing it with me. One concern I have is how are muskies going to be adressed, it would make me sick to think that somone is gong to keep a muskie in the livewell until weigh-in.

Cory frantzick
RE/MAX Associates Plus
Timberlane Homes
(612)801-0809
1-800-568-5818 ext 202

------------------
Visit us on the web at www.Athomeonthelake.com

Cory,

Under the rules you will see that a cell phone and/or marine radio is required. Part of the reason for this, is so that you can call another team to "certify" your catch allowing for immediate release.

Pau

Shoot, I forgot to mention that on-the-water verification is allowed. All you need to do is find another team and have them verify your catch. Every team will be provided a list of other teams cell#'s so contact can be made.
Hope this answers your question.
>"////=<