• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Spearing in North Dakota

GatorGetter

well, i e-mailed the DNR this question," can wisc residents darkhouse spear northerns in mn" there return answer was "nonresidents cannot spear in mn." that also tells me N.D. residents cant spear here either. wierd. especially if we can spear in N.D. confusedconfusedeekshocked

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, i e-mailed the DNR this question," can wisc residents darkhouse spear northerns in mn" there return answer was "nonresidents cannot spear in mn." that also tells me N.D. residents cant spear here either. wierd. especially if we can spear in N.D. confusedconfusedeekshocked

E-mail me the e-mail.

I will get to the bottom of it.

Hopefully it is just a misunderstanding by the person you asked.

so heres the way i see this. other than superior there is NO spearing in wisc, so wisc residents cant spear in mn either.

The bill that passed the legislature last year had nothing to do with reciprocity.

All non residents are supposed to be able to darkhouse spear in MN now.

So if someone who has been a Minnesota Resident for 70 years and has enjoyed darkhouse spearing for 50+ years then moves to Arizona, Texas etc they can still come back and spear with their buddies or family.

If a kid who has been a Minnesota Resident all his life then takes a job out of the state and enjoyed spending quality time with his father darkhouse spearing when growing up, now he will be able darkhouse spear with his father when he comes home to visit.

I friend of mine who I have speared with before lost his job and moved out west. Now he can come back and we can go spearing again.

I can teach my nephew about darkhouse spearing when he comes to visit from AZ.

Etc etc

Reciprocity is something ND came up with.

I am glad they did since it forced the issue and now current and former Minnesota residents are not penalized for silly laws such as that one.

Just my 2 sense.

sorry merkman i had already deleted it after i printed it out. he said he went threw all the motions except paying for it. OUCH....... this is really, really gonna hurt ....admitting to him that he was right and i was wrong. crycrycrysickcry what makes me wonder is where are these people from the DNR getting there info when they respond to e-mails. confusedconfusedconfused

FYI

Quote:

To: merkman <>

Sent: Thursday, October 15, 2009 11:11:07 AM

Subject: Re: Non resident spearing

The ability for nonresidents to do darkhouse spearing in MN was passed

in July of this year by the legislature. The fee is $37.50 plus any

surcharges. The printed booklet does not include this information

because it was printed in January. Updates to the online version are

being worked on and should be up sometime in Nov.