• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Is This Hot Weather Effecting Your Fishing ???

It seems like only yesterday we were complaining about the ice taking for ever to get out of the lakes. Now I'm complaining about the heat. I don't know about you but this heat has been keeping me indoors in the air conditioning. How does this heat effect the fish? I know when I have been out there they havn't been to active. What do you think?

<><Mary><>

Personally Mary I Luv the heat, really concentrates certain species of fish and others (BASS) fall victim to what my main aresonel and that would be top-water morning & evening and jig-n-pork during the day.
What is nice about fishing the Faribo lakes is the middle of the lakes are somewhat cleaner and if you want to take a cooling dip, you can. Remember to drink plenty of fluids, water being probabnly the best.

Mary,

I fished the Mississippi from the 4th thru the 8th everyday. It might not be everyone's cup of tea, but I was on the water at 5 AM and off at 9 AM. At least it was only in the low 70's when I came off the water.

To tell the truth, the best bite everyday for me was 5-7. By 9 it slowing.

Pete