• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Any opinions on Mission Menace for a youth/womens starter bow?

lakevet

I have 2 left eye dominant boys and a lefty wife. Want a bow that the boys could start hunting with (they are 6 yrs apart) and possibly my wife could play with when they are done. Any opinions on the mission menace? Pros/cons. Just want a good solid basic bow.

Thanks lakevet

agreed. I've got a diamond victory, and had a chance to trade for a bowtech guardian the other day. for 100 bucks to boot. and the last few years, thats the bow i've wanted. but as much as I'd like it, my diamond just feels way to good to wanna part perfect comfort and fit for a bow i just "want" plus, it shoots flat and straight. exactly what it should.

Ive tried gettin my fiance into that diamond razor, but she don't want it. she wants a bear lights out, because it has an "orange" string! crazy

Going to look tonight at a shop that has both mission menace and diamond's razor edge. Priced the same. Sounds like both are great bows but anyone that has used/compared those 2 feel free to chime in.

vister, there must be a way to get an orange string on a razor? It would be worth the effort so she enjoys it.

lakevet

Bought the menace. Have a very happy son. Great service and he is set up instinct and fingers so it doesn't interfere with his NASP shooting. The razor edge wasn't as good a fit. Color didn't matter as long as it was camo.

lakevet

I bought my daughter the Mission UX2. I prefer the single limb over the split limb bows. Mission makes an awfully good bow, quiet, fast, and well made. My daughter has gotten good with it but says she is still not ready to hunt yet, I can't wait for her to go with me. And I like the adjustability also, 10in for draw length an 30# of weight. I have three more kids I would like to have start on this bow too. I hope your kids enjoy archery and will follow the passion for the rest of their lives.

My parents and I bought my girlfriend a menace this summer at archery country in st. cloud (great place also bought my reezen there) and she shot her first deer this year with it. Its a nice shooting bow and is silent. For the price you cant go wrong specially for kids who are growing it has alot of adjustablilty.

mnwild14

Ran down to Aitkin. I don't know if I am allowed to mention specific business but it starts with a "G" and is on the right just as you get to Aitkin if you are going down from Rapids on 169. Check Mathews/Mission HSOforum for dealer locations. Very happy with service, owner works alot with kids and archery. Son very happy with with menace and I like supporting a great company like Mathews/Mission. Also use archery shop in GR for other needs but they don't carry Mathews/Mission except Genesis bows.

lakevet