• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

MinnKota cuts in and out??

ripper

I have a newer (second season) MinnKota 50 PD 12 volt trolling motor that all of a sudden is cutting in and out?? When I run on continuous mode it runs and then shuts off, starts up, shuts off, etc.?? Almost like there's a loose connection or something. Checked all the connections, etc. and still does it? I don't have co-pilot, just using the foot pad. Not sure if its the unit or pad? Should this still be under warranty?

I had similar problems with my Minnkota. I took it to an authorized service place. The guys there told me that it was the foot pedal. Apparently the pedals don't like water all that much and really don't like cold weather. He recommended keeping the foot pedal inside for the winter. In fact, I've just pulled it out of my boat when the weather starts to hit the freezing marks and I haven't had problems since.

When ours starts going goofy, the first thing we check is to make sure the water level is good in the batteries.

Second season should not have a bad pedal, but our did go bad after about 6 a couple motors ago. Good luck.

Check the connections again to the battery. On the positive their should be a auto resetting breaker. Before I bring in the unit to service I would definitely replace the breaker. You could try trouble shooting it with a test ligth. Wait till the motor cuts out and then check if their is power comming into the motor...