• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Reels

TravP

You can get an ABU GARCIA Cardinal for around $30-$35, and I have found that after buying a few of them and using them over three seasons, now, that I like them as well or better than I liked my SHIMANO Spirex at around $50...

If you have seen many of my posts on here about reels, you know that I am going to suggest the Abu Garcia Cardinal line. from the 100 or 300 series for your price range, you have some great reels! Abu Garcia for life!

For spinning reels all I use are Shimanos (Symetre's and Sahara's). They (Scheels) are closing out last years model 2500 Symetres for $50.00 so I picked one up. Good price for a great reel. They only had a handful left but you may find the same pricing at other outdoor stores since they're model-end closeouts. The new model had a beveled spool cap but I didn't believe it was worth the extra $20-30.

I don't remember if I saw the shimano's on clearance anymore at the Scheel's in St. Cloud (if that is where you saw them) I have a few presidents in my collection and my wife really likes hers.

Last friday night as I was shopping at Scheel's in St. Cloud buying a mother's day gift.....I wandered into the fishing section and they had the Abu Garcia 701LX reels marked down from 99.99 to 49.99. Never owned one before...but I do now! grin they also had their "Scheel's" rods on sale. I paired it with a Scheel's Tournament series rod (6'6" medium). My new walleye rig! Guess that is why my wife doesn't let me out of her sight that often in stores like that.

Can't wait to try the "rig" out.