• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

How do I get pics on the post?

Flakeoutdoorsguy

I had to ask too. Go to the photography forum. There is a "posting pics" thread there that is pretty good at guiding you through it. Once you do it a time or two you'll see it is pretty easy. The moderators of that forum are pretty good at helping out too.

i have been on this site for a few years now and think it RULES.

but the biggest issue the site has is getting pics on here. I for one do not want to go to photo bucket and establish and account,

anyone else.

Hosting image files would take up an awful amount of space on a server for a site this size. Just about every large forum will require you to use some sort of third party image hosting. Photobucket happens to be easy, it's free, it uploads fast, and with one click you can copy the correct code to insert an image. Without it this site would either run very slow or would cost something ridiculous to keep up and running. Those other sites you mention have hundreds or thousands of servers, this site probably has less than a handful of servers (at least that's all that would be necessary for the forums).

Nick explained it all right there. Once you do it a couple of times, it really is simple.

Not only that, but places like Photobucket now offer some great image editing software and serve as a great backup for your photos.

Crappiekid-

At first I felt the same way but I finally gave in and started using photobucket. I got some help from fellow FM'ers with the "how-to's" and I found out it is really no big deal and easy to use.

Good luck.