• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Minnehaha Paddle

Sounds like the dam will be opened up this week. Anyone else take an annual paddle down the creek? What's your favorite stretch?

We've gone from the dam to 50th St. in Edina. Think we'll do a stretch around Nokomis this year.

We did it in two stages on different weekends. The first paddle went from the dam to the landing at the Target store at Knollwood in St. Louis Park.

The second paddle went from there to 50th.

Each one was about 4-5 hours, but the water was pretty low. Earlier in the season, they could probably be done in 3 1/2.

Didn't do any fishing on those paddles.

I have paddled down to the lake that lies within the golf course, across Excelsior Blvd. from Methodist hospital. Nice action for some northern and pannies, but I wouldn't call it a destination.

For maps and all the info, google "minnehaha creek" and look at the watershed site.

Hope this helps.

I do the stretch from the dam to the landing at Hopkins Crossroads. That only takes an hour when the water is up. I've heard it takes at least another hour to get to Knollwood because it meanders so much more. We will be doing it again for sure.

Well, the dam was opened up on the 24th and it's still running at 20cfs. Looked at the creek along Minnetonka Blvd. this AM and you'd be walking through that stretch. We need some rain.