• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lowrance IFinder H2O C VS. IFinder Hunt C

asdfdrew

Question

11 answers to this question

The Hunt C has more features than the H2O C, it's more like the Expedition than H2O C ..... electronic compass, scout mode, mp3 player, etc. You can check them out HERE to see the differences, as well as see the new models that are due out in May. Quick word of warning though, right now there aren't any Navionics or LakeMaster cards in microSD format that will work in the new units.

Why would they build a GPS unit that did not have a compatable maping card? That does not seem to make any scents to me.

I think until I knew for sure they were making a card, I would be getting the current units as uposed to the newer yet to be released one.

I might have been misinformed but an employee at a big box store told the new HDS fish finders were the same way?

You were misinformed, the HDS units take the standard size SD cards that LakeMaster and Navionics have out there now.

As for the new Endura handheld GPS with microSD card, everyone is assuming the LakeMaster and Nav cards will be available in microSD format in the near future - nothing official on that yet, but that's what the buzz is. And microSD cards come with an adapter that lets you use them in full size units too. It's a pretty slick setup, I have a microSD card and adapter in my music phone and it works great.

Yes there's no real difference between the SD and MicroSD cards except for the size. Like you said I can't imagine that LakeMaster and the other companies wouldn't put out a MicroSD card when new devices are being built with MicroSD slots. I've copied other personal SD and MicroSD cards, (pics, video game save files, etc) do you think it would be possible to copy your old SD LakeMaster card onto a MicroSD card for the new device?

Im pretty sure I saw on Lakemasters HSOforum that they have microSD chips.

EDIT* checked again they do have them listed under the garmin info. Dont see why the chip wouldnt work in any other unit...

Garmin cards only work in Garmin units. Lowrance cards only work in Lowrance units. The cards are proprietary to the company that puts them out. Garmin and Lowrance buy a license to put LakeMaster data on cards that will work in their units.