• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

remakes

bucketmouth64

I've noticed more films being remade like War of the Worlds, Longest Yard, Star Trek, Day Earth stood still, and so on. Any opinions if the remakes are any better or worse than the original? What about movies that haven't been remade that should be attempted? I was watching Smokey and the Bandit that made me think which actors could play the characters to do a remake of that movie. Hard to replace Burt Reynolds, or Jackie Gleason. They seemed perfect for their character.

I don't think land of lost has come out yet.

I like horror movies, I thought the remakes and then prequel of texas chainsaw massacre were good. The recently redone Friday the 13th was cool mostly because Jason was more intense instead of a hapless dude in a hockey mask going around the camp.

But I am with Sandman too, others are just to better off left alone. I could here bands do cover of Floyd songs but never the same

Some are good, some shoulda been left alone.

Didn't they do Land Of The Lost? I'm curious to see how that turned out. [/quote

Isn't this with Will Ferrell? I am not a big fan of his movies so I'll wait to hear peoples reviews once it comes out.

Dukes of Hazzard was named worst movie of the year the year it came out by Ebert and Roeper. They blasted it, and also blasted the show.

I am a HUGE CHiPs fan from my youth (have Seasons 1&2 on DVD) and they are supposed to put a movie out this year with Wilmer Valderamma as Ponch. I am very skeptical about it. He does remind me of Ponch, but I think they are going to turn it into a slapstick and ruin it

I do believe Land of the Lost is with Will Ferrell. I too am a HUGE fan of horror movies. I liked Friday The 13th a LOT. Jason is just a new kind of monster in it. I liked Halloween(2007)quite a bit also, and am excited to see H2(Unlike a lot of people, I like Rob Zombie's movies). Agree on Dukes...Wasted a good chance to make a pretty cool movie. I have also heard something about Chips. I wasted 10 minutes of my life watching War Of The Worlds 2. It is staring C. Thomas Howell. HORRIBLE.

I actually have not seen the new Hitcher yet(well not the full movie yet, only the beginning). And yes he is...Sadly! His crowning day was in The Outsiders(which now that I think about it, I would love to see this movie remade also!). WOTW2 was horrible in every aspect. Very bad CG, and worse acting. I literally watched about 10 minutes of it and turned it off. Good thing I rented it, or I would of threw it out to the burn pit! I also believe he may of been in a Starship Troopers sequel also. If i remember right he was in part 2. And now I just had to check in on good old Howell and see what he has done...And wow its extensive:

1986: The Hitcher,

Soul Man.

1987: Into the Homeland.

1988: A Tiger's Tale,

Giovane Toscanini II.

1989: The Return of the Musketeers.

1990: Far Out Man,

Side Out.

Curiosity Kills,

Kid.

1992: Tattle Tale,

Nickle & Dime,

To Protect and Serve,

Breaking the Rules,

That Night.

1993: Gettysburg

1994: Jailbait,

Dangerous Indiscretion,

Treacherous,

Natural Selection.

1995: Payback,

Baby Face Nelson,

Teresa's Tattoo,

Hourglass,

Mad Dogs and Englishmen,

Suspect Device.

1996 The Big Fall,

Sealed with a Kiss,

The Sweeper,

Pure Danger.

Matter of Trust,

Laws of Deception,

Dilemma,

Dead Fire,

Last Lives.

1998 Fatal Affair,

Sleeping Dogs,

Charades.

1999 The Crimson Code Also known as Red Team,

Hot Boyz,

Enemy Action,

Cybermaster,

Shepherd,

The Glass Jar,

Avalanche,

Hitman's Run,

The Prince and the Surfer.

2000 Lawless: Dead Evidence,

The Million Dollar Kid.

2001 Separate Ways,

Asylum Days,

Burning Down the House,

Willfull.

XCU: Extreme Close Up,

Askari.

2002 Night of the Wolf,

Killer Bees!

2003 Net Games,

Gods and Generals,

The Hitcher II: I've Been Waiting.

2004 The Lost Angel,

Hidalgo,

The Hillside Strangler,

A Killer Within,

Zolar.

2005 The Keeper: The Legend of Omar Khayyam,

Hoboken Hollow,

Crimson Force,

H.G. Wells' War of the Worlds,

Glass Trap,

Nursie,

Ordinary Miracles,

The Poseidon Adventure.

2006 The Da Vinci Treasure,

The Far Side of Jericho.

2007 Cold Ones,

The Haunting of Marsten Manor,

Fighting Words,

The Stolen Moments of September.

2008 Mutant Vampire Zombies from the 'Hood!,

House of Fallen,

Big Game,

War of the Worlds 2: The Next Wave ,

The Grind,

A Gunfighter's Pledge,

Toxic,

The Thirst: Blood War,

The Day the Earth Stopped.

2009 Razor,

Fuel,

Cupid's Arrow,

Camouflage,

Commander and Chief,

Mia's Father,

The Jailhouse.

I just did a search on imdb and CHiPs has been pushed back to a 2011 release, and when you look up Wilmer Valderamma it doesn't show that he is even working on it. Hopefully it gets scrapped, don't want to see them ruin it

heard a new Slap Shot is coming to a theater near you. That is one that cannot be redone. Like so many classic movies the actors and writers made the characters. Are the Hansons going to pull out an Xbox instead of toy cars. Heck a lot of adults now wouldnt find that as funny. Most classic movies are clasic because of the combo of people and times that went into the original. Try to redo a Duke film, youll never get anyone who can pull off the characters he portrayed like he did. Can anyone do the MacKenzie brothers like those two Hosers. Also so many movies where made for and in a time that we no longer live in and the new remakes are made to be picture perfect in place of acting, dialogue, and directing. It is more about cinematography and special effects.

from Wiki:

-------------------------------------------------

Paramount Pictures has announced plans to fast-track a remake of Footloose, with plans to start filming in the Spring of 2009. Zac Efron was cast as Ren in the new movie,[4] but he later dropped out, reportedly saying that he wanted to take a break from musicals.[5] Kenny Ortega is announced as director, with Peter Sollett re-writing the script and Dylan Sellers, producer of The Replacements, Craig Zadan and Neil Meron as co-producers.[6] It will be filmed in Utah, like the original. It has been reported that Chace Crawford, of Gossip Girl fame, has screen tested for Kevin Bacon's role of Ren. Derek Hough, of Dancing with the Stars fame, is also rumored to be a front-runner for the role of Ren. Hough played Ren in the musical version of Footloose on stage in London