Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LOTWSvirgin

Another question for the pros

6 posts in this topic

Ok the water is still pretty cold so the question is what would you use to catch bass now I will be fishing from shore since I have no way to get my boat to the lake any help would be great thanks. Oh I will be in IOWA fishing bass so it is legal

well i'm no pro but early season suspending jerkbaits worked very slowly can be great. downsizing, slowing your presentation is a good idea across the board. From shore might be tough, personally I would try to use something not prone to snagging

Spinnerbaits and rattle traps have worked well for me in the spring on farm ponds in Iowa. However, this past friday on a lake I caught some on a wiggle wart and a 4in straight tail worm fishing deeper banks next to river channels... Should be another week or so until they really turn on to the reaction baits.

Where are you in Iowa? North? South?

You can't go wrong fishing the channel areas on the IGL this time of year. Hard to beat a senko type bait.

Senko style baits are hard to beat. Also swim jigs, tubes, beavers, spinner baits. All fished slow until the water warms.