• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Plastic Trailers on Big Double Bucktails

NCLaker

Was watching "Keys Outdoors" today, noticed they were tossing CowGirls with some type of plastic trailer. Couldn't see what it was, but they seemed to just put it on one of the barbs on the back hook.

Anyone know what they were using? Do others put plastic plastic trailers on your Double 10/8 bucktails? If you do, what are some options that you use and how do you attach them?

Chaos Tackle makes a lure called a Cowdussa which is a Double Cowgirl with a Medussa (basically a triple-tailed Bulldawg) that sounds similar to what your describing. I think you can pick one up for around $30 at Thorne Bros. I'm sure they'll be at the Muskie Expo.

Kallen tails.

Get em at any sports store or fleet farm.

Cut the body down to an inch or so and just slide a hook (on the front treble) through from side to side and yur done. The reason you hook the tail on the front hook is so if you get a short strike they still have a chance to get the rear hook in the mouth.

Duck

Kallen tails.

Cut the body down to an inch or so and just slide a hook (on the front treble) through from side to side and yur done. The reason you hook the tail on the front hook is so if you get a short strike they still have a chance to get the rear hook in the mouth.

Duck

If you put the tails on the front hook do they get caught up in the skirt?

Kallen tails.

Duck

That is kinda funny you mention using the front treble. On the Keys Outdoor episode I refered to - he missed about 12 solid strikes. I think he was using the back hook for holding his trailer, that might explain all the misses.

What size Kallen (Kalin) grub/tail do you use??

dreams, I have never had one do it.

Laker, I use the 6 inch

I try to make the tail just long enough, so that the back of the tail is even with the rear treble. Alot of time the fish will come up and nip at the tail and if its on the rear hook all they get is tail. With it being on the front hook and even with the rear hook, Better chance of getting a hook in the fish with the rear hook at the end of the tail. Now with that being said, the tail may get hooked up in the rear hook a bit (not often) but every lure fouls once in a wile.

Duck