Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AaronM

Skiing!

21 posts in this topic

Man, I used to go 4-5 times a week. I was pretty good. My buddy that I ski with is just amazing. He skies courses still at least once a week. I could go more behind my boat, but I do not even like skiing behind anything but a real towboat. My buddy has a '07 Malibu Response LXI and it just does not get better than that. I love skiing and it seems like the sport is dieing now with all the wakeboard hype. I am glad to see others on here that enjoy it.

I used to ski alot when I was younger now I tryto get out and ski a few times a year now my kids wakeboard and knee board and wake skate I have wakeboarded a few times when I am out with the kids

We still ski and foot some mornings on Prior if anyone is in the area. I'll admitt that we spend most of our time wakesurfing now. Kind of nice that we can do that on the weekend even with all of the boat waves. Hopefully we're not upsetting too many of you when we are surfing on the calm nights too wink

I am I am...not so much water skiing, but love to wakeboard, and surf. Wakeguy, are you on Wakeworld too??

At any rate,I am down in the Faribo area, and have an older Mastercraft if any of you have the itch to go.

There is a guy on Cannan lake down this way that puts a course up every year, I think I know how to get in touch with him....

Justin

I love to ski! I've never actually been behind a real towboat, though. I have a blast behind the Alumnacraft, though. I can't wait for the water to warm up so I can pull the ski out!

I'll pull ya if your on Roberds lake in Faribo this summer. My wife and I just had a baby last Aug. and this will be the first year my water time is slashed, crycry so I will need a 2-3 day heads up.

Justin

Justin - I check in on wakeworld from time to time but haven't been there lately. You should come to our tournament on lake Washington this year. Last year we had 50 surfers with one Enzo set up for regular riders and one set up for Goofy riders. Usually after the tourney we will bring the boats together to create a massive half pipe.

Justin - I check in on wakeworld from time to time but haven't been there lately. You should come to our tournament on lake Washington this year. Last year we had 50 surfers with one Enzo set up for regular riders and one set up for Goofy riders. Usually after the tourney we will bring the boats together to create a massive half pipe.

I was actually at that tournment last year. The X-star's wake was killer, I rode right before Chet Whirley, who showed me up, but it was a blast. I saw the boats weighted that day for the surf, but didn't have the time, as the Mrs. was ready to pop shocked

I have never even heard of a halfpipe, but I can surf for a long time. PM some details when your in the water. I can bring plenty of fuel and 303! grin

I think that the PM feature is disabled on here but you can email me at mness @ crystal pierzdotcom. The X-star is owned by Brett, and he rides on Prior too. As much as I hate the traffic on Prior, we manage to have a good time on the lake.

You lucky duck!!! I would really love the chance to hook up with you guys sometime this year. I will keep the email on standbye. Lets hope for some 90 deg days real soon...

Thanks

Justin

The warm weather is coming and the boat is ready...soon the fishing boat will be relinquished to rainy and windy days.

So true. I hope to be in the water by mid to late May this year. Kind of late this year. Fishing will be only early mornings and like you say rainy days.

Anyone cutting glass this summer? Brought out the Jobe 1650 for the first time in awhile, nothing in the world like it!

Not even sure if it can be considered a summer, more like an extended spring transitioning into an early fall grin On a serious note, I wish we could get a few more weeks in before we have to put them away!

Got a wedding this weekend, but the next two are planned for the cabin. I will make an effort to carve up some water before fall, for sure. That poor ski must feel neglected this year frown

Hope the weather turns around for you! What kind of ski do you ride?

I've got an HO Comp Freeride Magnum. I'm a pretty big dude, and there's not too many options out there in slalom skis for the 225+ crowd smile I do like it, though.

Well, I gashed my ankle moving a boat lift on Saturday, but the lake was so calm Sunday, that I had to give it a go. Man, it felt good. I only wish my ankle would have felt better and that I was in good enough shape to ski longer!

Super glue, will solve your aches grin

Hows the wakeboarding coming out there? I have less than 60 hrs this year, I'm bummed. 125 last year crazy