Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Seabass77

Minnesota Sportsman Magazine - April

13 posts in this topic

"Go Now For Downstate Crappies" - pg. 17

Where is the rest of this article? The production dept. at intermedia might be hiring soon.

Just look at your backissues from 2 or 3 years ago.

It was the secret spot just trying to keep us guessing I guess.

Tunrevir~

Consider yourself lucky, I subscribed in January and they keep sending me Indiana Game and Fish instead. When I called the subscription people told me, hmmm, I thought it was strange you'd want the Indiana magazine. Gee thanks!

I read last months issue(march) and it was the same issue as the year before and the year before that and the year before that and the year before that.........

I cant even pick that mag up anymore. They once put a 200 acre lake as one of the top 10 monster pike icefishing lakes in the state. It happend to be a lake that is very close to my heart and not a monster pike lake, it is a numbers lake. I put up with a winter of tresspasers and garbage on my land, and I believe that and many other articles in that mag is some of the most irresponsible outdoors journalism that I have seen.

Good stuff to know, I don't think I'll be renewing.

I really wanted to read about it but i turned the page and "River Walleye" I was [PoorWordUsage].

I got hooked cuz it was only $10 a year for startup, which is a pretty good deal, but after a year its kinda the same old, same old. i wont be renewing.

I read last months issue(march) and it was the same issue as the year before and the year before that and the year before that and the year before that.........

I cant even pick that mag up anymore. They once put a 200 acre lake as one of the top 10 monster pike icefishing lakes in the state. It happend to be a lake that is very close to my heart and not a monster pike lake, it is a numbers lake. I put up with a winter of tresspasers and garbage on my land, and I believe that and many other articles in that mag is some of the most irresponsible outdoors journalism that I have seen.

Same thing happened to me with the lake my parents live on. Its only 196 acres and they said it was on of the top ten big crappie lakes in ottertail county...there were ten times more people there than normal. These writers need to understand what happens when large numbers of people fish small lakes! They can really hurt the population. And as for the mag being the same old same old....I agree.

Originally Posted By: petepeters

Same thing happened to me with the lake my parents live on. Its only 196 acres and they said it was on of the top ten big crappie lakes in ottertail county...there were ten times more people there than normal. These writers need to understand what happens when large numbers of people fish small lakes! They can really hurt the population. And as for the mag being the same old same old....I agree.

The same thing happens when specific lakes are talked about on this forum.

I was wondering this also--

Glad you brought it up!

Originally Posted By: OTBASSER
Originally Posted By: petepeters

The same thing happens when specific lakes are talked about on this forum.

Yeah there is some truth to that, but if you don't want people in you hotspot then don't tell people where it is!

Dont want to be a stick in the mud, but the magazine "lake recommendations" that destroy small lakes are nothing compared to what people find on the web, The forums are good informative tools for fishing but when they are abused they make magazines look like a crying baby.