Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
finnbay

I agree, jonny....

6 posts in this topic

Quote:
Apparently every redpoll in north america has decided to set up camp here in northern Minnesota for the winter ....

You hit the nail on the head, jonny! These guys have been eating me out of house and home!

Feb-Redpoll-1.jpg

Feb-Redpoll-2.jpg

They've been bringing their buddies, the siskins, all winter too. Is it my imagination, or is the yellow in the siskins getting more intense as winter fades? This is in a warm morning light, but even so, the yellows are really popping!

Feb-siskin-1.jpg

Nice Captures Ken!....I've only had one batch of the siskens at the bog feeders and that was 3 weeks ago....certainly aren't in the numbers as the polls!.....still learning about birds and apparent "invasion cycles"of bird species....redpolls must have had ideal conditions last spring for as many as we've all seen...

I have far more siskins than red polls here. I love both but they are hard little buggers to get an interesting, pleasing photo of, for some reason. Your bgs as well as Jonny's make a huge difference.

Maybe that is were all my redpoles went. I had dozens hanging around the area here. Now all gone in the last 2 weeks.