• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Wheelhouse Prices/Brand?

hoggs222

Do wheelhouse prices go down quite a bit in the spring/summer? New and used?

Mine was stolen a week ago and I'm waiting on insurance. Also, what brands do you recommend? I had a King Crow and it was decent. What do you think of Ice Castle?

im just wondering dose any one other then me put a paddle lock in the hitch ..... it makes it a lot harder to steal and dose not take much time at all ? or money lol
I think the sleeper on medicine lake that was stolen this year had a tongue lock on it and it didn't stop em, maybe took a little longer though. I would never leave a sleeper on the ice unless I was at least 200 miles from the cities

im just wondering dose any one other then me put a paddle lock in the hitch ..... it makes it a lot harder to steal and dose not take much time at all ? or money lol

Yea most people do but as the old saying goes "that will only keep the honest people from stealing it."

But that's not what this thread is about, Hoggs is asking about price and quality.

Mine was stolen a week ago and I'm waiting on insurance. Also, what brands do you recommend? I had a King Crow and it was decent. What do you think of Ice Castle?

Yea the prices come down a lot. I'm sure if you keep an eye on craigs online ads you'll see some slightly used ones going really cheap. My mother in law has a 14' V front Ice Castle that she bought new late season at Mora's Unclaimed Frieght for $5k (I think) a few years ago.

As far as quality I know some of the ice catles have L Bracket frameing and some are tube frame, there's a big difference in price and quality. Someone else can probably chime in with more info on that.

If they want it they will get it. Heard about and saw the after-math of a buddies getting stole a few years back. He had a hitch lock on his and a lock on each winch. a simple bolt cutter cut them right off and the house was gone in the morning with nothing but the locks laying on the ice in the morning.

But back to the thread, Fish houses are priced either high or low. you just need to find the right one at the right time. I have been looking for the past few days now but havent found the one. Im just bankin on the one guy that doesnt want to pay the storage fee and wants to get rid of it fast for real cheap smile

i would say now is the time to be looking for houses.

Even frames too i guess which i will be looking for this summer. How about houses or frames do they go up/down in price this summer.

Last fall i found a frame 6.5x 16+ 3 v front for 1200 but he sold it 3 days before i was goin to get it!

But i will be looking this summer

How many people take the wheels or wheel off of there houses when they leave them??

Performance is twice the quailty of the Crows. The Crow is not any lighter, it just has lighter tounge weight. Good for 4-wheelers to pull but not so good when traveling 300 miles. They tend to get swaying going over 60 MPH. A buddy has one and it took us a while to get up to Red Lake.

You are going to hear everyones different opinion on this one.

As far as Ice Castle they are what you could say more mass produced. They do a great job on advertising I will give them that. I have heard good and bad reports from them some of the houses are built with cheaper materials. I know of a guy who has a Ice Castle and the facing from the paneling is peeling of around the floor edges from moisture. Ice Castle does offer tube style and angle iron frames if you do get one get a tube style its a stronger frame. Also it depends but most Castles have forced air furnaces they like to push that for there heater. Its a good heater but sounds like a furnace due to the fan. You also need a battery to run it and if the dies your screwed better have another battery or generator. My personal opinion is I think theres better houses out there.

King Crow is an alright house it seems to me like they might be stuck in the past when it comes to ideas and technology when building a house. They are light so you can easily pull it with a four wheeler.

Performance are good houses I haven't heard anything bad about them. I have visited there shop and I know that they are built one at a time not mass produced so they do take there time building each one.

Also most of the newer houses have removable tongues to prevent from theft.

The bottom line is you get what you pay for.