• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Spirit Lake Fishing Reports

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: echo2010
Originally Posted By: moparmarv
Hondarider 550 Mopar or no car hehehehehe
Ill just throw my hands in the air on this one...

I drive a Hyundai

And a mighty fine Hyundai it is too... HOT ROD.... LOL

4 cylinders of pure Korean Power baby!

On the North End of West, there was a guy from Indiana with a brass set in an F150 pulling a small eclosed with 4 guys portables in it today. That took far more guts than brains. I am not a huge fan of walking but I`d rather walk across the lake than back to Indiana.

I was there Saturday and the edges on the North and also on the West side were pulling away from shore. You could still get on at Mini-wakan state park. It was spongy in a few spots. I was able to get 75 yards out. The Grade had 3 feet of open water then ice. It was OK, but every where there was a lilly pad, it was an open hole. You had to watch were you walked. The South end was great, there was a lot of people there. The ice was just fine there.

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

Big Spirit Lake

Bullhead - Excellent: Use night crawlers on the bottom at Templar Lagoon on the west and south shores. Northern Pike - Good: Troll with crankbaits in Angler's Bay along weed edges or cast white or chartreuse colored spinner-baits. Bluegill - Excellent: Fish at Buffalo Run or Trickles Slough with small hair jigs tipped with wigglers or wax worms. Smallmouth Bass - Good: Use jerk baits or blade baits along rock reefs at Little and Big Stoney points. Largemouth Bass - Excellent: Use spinner-baits in Angler's Bay along the bulrush beds. Crappie - Good: Use a small bobber and minnow at Buffalo Run or go to the bulrush beds in Angler's Bay and sight fish using a small hair jig beneath a bobber. Walleye - Good: Troll or drift with a Lindy rig or bottom bouncer along rock reefs and weed lines. Or fish after sunset with a twister tail and lead head at the Footbridge.