• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ice Castle auction

fishinguy52

I build my own. Frame and all. 6,000# axle system, with electric brakes, all tube frame, with removable winches,drop tongue(removable). Currently in the process of building a (8'x16') w/4'v front. I take my time to build the interior, not quick like the Ice Castles. I have walked through many of them at the dealers, which my employer "was" one, and am not at all impressed with the workmanship, and lack of attention to detail that they have with them, and then put a big sticker price on them to boot.

Sounds like they do an auction every year. I think it is more for publicity/marketing than anything. There were a lot of people at the auction, and I have a feeling a lot of them will be calling Ice Castle dealers first thing tomorrow morning.

I didn't find any flaws with the exterior of the fish houses there, but the interior quality left a lot to be desired.

"I think it is more for publicity/marketing than anything."

Seems like a pretty poor way to market the houses, selling them at auction for 50-60% of retail? I know I'd be hard pressed to buy one at retail price knowing that's all they bring at auction!!!!

Originally Posted By: Lip_Ripper Guy
Every fish house sold for right around 50-60% of MSRP.

And that is all they are worth, IMO. grin

Couldn't agree more. My father in law dropped $10,800 for one in 04. It was a 6.5x14 plus v front. He was not impressed with it to say the least.

This past Summer he sold it for $5,500. Offered him $4K for it after being bothered to make an offer for a year or so. I figured it would cost $2K just to get the interior how I would want it. This may sound funny but he had it custom ordered to haul a H.D. motorcycle rather than a atv!!!

Also don't like the idea of hauling around two large 12 volt batteries every time you go out. An Empire wall furnace is the only way to go in a fish house.

In defense of Ice Castles I do like the ease of the crank system and crank down tounge.

"Also don't like the idea of hauling around two large 12 volt batteries every time you go out. An Empire wall furnace is the only way to go in a fish hous"

Guess I'm a little confused by this. What are your concerns over having batteries in your wheel house?