Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lund4life

Stinky DOG!!

7 posts in this topic

Just curious if anyone has any thoughts on this. I have a Lab and we had been feeding her Royal Canine Lab 30 food. We decided to switch to NUTRO High Energy due to the fact she was having trouble keeping weight on. The High Energy food has a higher fat content and still is a good quality food right? Well since we switched she stinks. I give her a bath and less than a week later she already smells. This never happeaned with the royal canine food. I am thinking about switching back. Any Thoughts?

Maybe try mixing in a little of the new food with mostly old food and add a little bit more until she is accustom to the new food or is at a desirable weight.

Check her ears to see if she has a yeast infection. My lab had an offensive smell last year and I couldn't figure out why. I happened to smell his ears while hugging him and found the origin of the smell. I quick trip to the vet and meds and he's been fine since.

Thanks for the replies! Gatorhunter i think you nailed it I took a better look and her ears smell pretty bad. I cleaned them out and will take her to the vet in the next couple of days. Thanks for the help again everybody.

Yes, my cocker has those problems with alot of hair around the ears and they heat up and bacteria grows. I have a bottle of stuff that I put on a que tip and clean her ears and then also place a liquid that I got from the vet and put some in each ear.

Fixes the problem every time. The dog also stops scratching her ears.

Most retrieving dogs encounter this, due to their love of water. However, even a bath can do it if water sits in their ears for a while.

Pick up one of the ear cleaners (epi-otic, etc...) and spray some in there after they have been in the water, works great!!!