• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Crane Lake Challenge

Dock Boy

Voyagaire Lodge is again hosting the Crane Lake Challenge formally know as the Hyper Vyper. This is a great event held every year. This year the date for the event is March 7. Watch sleds race on a shaved track. Rooms are available in Crane Lake and the trail conditions should be great. Any one else been to this event before? I hope to see many guys here at the race.

Xplorer, I just got done talking to a few guys in the bar at Voyagaire and the land trails wern't to bad. They said they are a little squshy, but no bare spots. We had a really good base on the land trails up here, so as long as it cools down the next few days we should be ok. We didn't recieve as much rain as the Ely area recieved. I heard it was pretty bad over there. The weather is calling for cooler temps lows around 22, 10,7,1-6 the next few days so it should firm them up. The best thing right now is there isn't any traffic on the trails to beat them up. If the cool weather comes the next few days we should be ok. In regards to the webcam they do look bad, but the guy that made that road flooded it the other day because he's going to haul some sand to his resort, so that put quite a bit of water on the ice.

all the lakes are looking really bad now.

Trails in the Iron Range area are looking very thin, I took some pics an hour ago of the ones down the road and I dont know If I would even take my sled out on em. This is usually the good part of the trail.

IMG_0372.jpg

IMG_0371.jpg

IMG_0370.jpg

IMG_0374.jpg

We got 6-8 inches up here in Crane Lake over the last couple of days. The trails are in great condition. I had the chance to ride the lake from Crane to Ash River last night and it was smooth sailing. Great ride. If your looking for good snow head our way for the weekend. Enjoy and ride safe

Voyagaire is starting to get ready for the big race on March 7. There are still a room or two available if anyone is interested in coming to the Crane Lake Challenge. Should be a good time food on the ice in the restaurant and plenty to drink. The trails should also be in fine condition, so if anyone is going to be in our area stop on over to see the radar runs. Enjoy and ride safe!!

Hello, The Crane Lake Challenge is set to start this Saturday. Make plans to come up and enjoy the areas trails and races. Trails are great right now and it should be a fun weekend. We'll see you at Voyagaire.