• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Map Create borders?

CapnJack

Question

I have a Lowrance Expedition C with the Map Create dvd. In the manual it states that the max

mapping memory is up to 1 GB. I've tried various borders trying to get either north-south or east west(which is what I want) and cannot get it under 1 GB. If you start with Minnesota and try to get all of the east coast it goes over by just a small amount. Anyone here have any experience with this? Thanks for any help. Steve

11 answers to this question

I have the same setup, and have had success with a 2GB chip. It has been a long time since I set up the boarders, but I think I divieded all of north america into 5 zones (maps). If you reduce the amount of information inside the map, it will also help. Like getting rid of all of the elevations etc.

If you don't figure it out, post back, maybe a phone call could help you out. I had to call lowrance and they talked me through it the first time.

I guess when I did mine I just did the midwest Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa and the Dakotas. Didnt really check to see what the memory on it was. Send lowrance a email and they will help you figure it out. The one question I had about it they answered to a t. The little I do know is that you can make up to 5 different cards so you may have to do a different card for each time zone (or whatever you prefer for regions. If you could use a bigger chip then it would be solved real easy.

I found that the bigger chip idea may not work. I went bigger and it didn't fly - or maybe I was just too impatient and didn't wait long enough to get it all loaded. I do know that when you include some of the highly populated areas things add up fast. I bet you can cut out some of the categories of info and get a whole lot more geography on a card. How many pizza restaurants do you really need to have listed? And the info probably will be out of date in a heartbeat anyway.

Thanks for the replies. I've been trying to get a 2-gig card to work but I think I might have to take some of you're advice and pare down some of the information. Yeah a Lake Master chip would be sweet but this deal I found on-line including the software,a card reader and a blank 256 chip which works well came to a grand total of 129 bucks. Yes that price is correct. That includes the Expedition C. I have Mn. and WIS.on the 256 chip which is probably 99% of which I will actually use it for. Don't ask for the HSOforum as that deal is long gone. I think it was a screw up someones part because it was gone the following week. They don't even carry Lowrance anymore.