Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LindellProStaf

can a skag be welded

9 posts in this topic

I just broke the skag off my 1999 50 HP Merc. I just had to get it out of a snowbank. Can this be welded back on?

yes it can, there is a guy on 105th and central ave who has welded 2 on my motor. there just needs to be enough of it left on the motor. he charged me about 80.00.

Yes.

I had to have a skeg replaced on a motor after an unfortunate incident on LOW.blush You couldn't tell anything had been done to the motor after it was fixed.

first question would be where are you located? I took my boat to R&R Marine in Shakopee.

i have taken mine to performance promotions. I think skeg repair is anywhere from $75-$150

countryside welding in mankato welds them i believe, props too

Had mine done at Lances prop shop off 61 and 8. Great job, can't tell it was ever damaged. Did a great job on my prop, too.

THanks you guys. My prop could use some touching up also. I live in Bsudette and found a place up here that will do both. I appreciate the advice....