• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lowrance iFinder

BK45GOLF

Question

Let me know what y'all think of them. I am looking into buying the hunt edition or the H2o and need some info.

Are the lake maps for them pretty accurate and helpful?

And if you have used it for finding new public land..

Thanks a lot..!

10 answers to this question

I have an Expedition C with a Lakemaster chip and love it. Map chip is very accurate, although I have an 07 version and it doesn't have Green Lake contours(Isanti co.) I might have to get a new chip if its got that lake on it.

Thats my only complaint about the chip so far.

I use the GPS unit in my car and on my motorcycle and am very happy with it for roads also.

Hope this helps.

I just bought one in Oct. I got the H2o Color. I found that the "hunt" features weren't really worth the extra charge and I can use waypoints to do what I want. The extra waypoint icons are kinda pointless too since you can label them and add notes.

I have the 08 Lakemaster chip. I haven't used the lake contours yet cause I haven'tbeen ice fishing yet, but I know from fishing with others who have the chip that they are very detailed and easy to use. The maps are fantastic and have quite a bit of the WMAs on there. I will say that not all of them are on there, but The DNR HSOforum doesn't have them all yet either, so I'm sure they get added as often as they can.

It gets signal fast and easy, zooms very well, and has been pretty easy to use. I can find out sunrise/set times for when I'm hunting too.

If you've got more questions or looking to buy check out Pro Fishing Supply

Thats where I bought mine. Talk to Dave. He's a great guy and he knows his stuff. He helped me pick the chip that works for me since there are a couple on the market, and I think he still has a deal if you buy the chip with the GPS. He's also a sponser for the site so he helps keep this great site free for all of us.

I have the Expedition model and love it. At the time(May08), I think this model was compatable with toposheet chips and the h20's weren't. I'm a geography nut so I needed cry this feature(haven't used it yet).

I haven't found the hunt feature useful either, there are other ways to achieve the same effect. My maiden voyage with it was on a family vacation up in Voyagers Nat'l Park this summer. Man, it sure was nice for finding structure, marking hotspots and navigating islands and rocks. Strong recommendations: rechargeable batteries, Color (for definition), power cord, RAM for boat and multiple ball mounts for Atv/sled/vehicle. Good luck on your purchase and make sure you get a chip or you will be disappointed.

I think the iFinder units are great, and for this area where we have LakeMaster chips the H2Oc is the most popular and also a really, really great value considering their price, how good they work, and all the info you get out of them. Expedition and Hunt models are nice, especially if you want those extra features, but the H2Oc is far and away the msot popular of the bunch.

I use mine all the time for ice fishing and grouse hunting in northern MN. I haven't hunted with them in other areas of the state.

You can check them all out HERE if you want.

Thanks a bunch guys.. You've lured me away from the hunt features so i can save a little money now as well.. Can't wait to make the purchace and get out on the lakes.. And yes il definatly get the chip.!