• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Rocky Boots?

anchor man

Question

I currently received a pair or Rocky Blizzard Stalker boots with 1200grams of thinsulate as a gift. They are to replace a pair of older Rocky extreme cold winter boots with the removable liners. Does anyone have the Blizzard Stalkers, and would they be considered good for ice fishing, sitting in the deer stand, snowmobiling etc? They seem more like great cold weather "walking" boots, but not as great for sitting on a frozen lake for a long period of time. Anyone have any insight as to the warmth of these boots?

Thanks

8 answers to this question

I've got a pair of Rocky 1000 gram Ice Stalkers that are around 5-6 years old and haven't had any problems getting cold. You could try using a rubber mat or something to keep your feet off of the ice. Also, good socks no matter what boots.

I can't speak on the Blizzard Stalkers though.

I have some older 800gm Rocky's that I have been happy with. Wear good wool socks no matter what boot you buy, and buy a size bigger to give you room to wear them. Cutting off you foot circulation kind of defeats the purpose.

ripstick,

That's one thing that is hard for me to grasp...no liners. Just seems like leather and rubber won't do the job without really good socks. Currently I just wear usual cotton socks with no issues. I'd just keep the old boots I have, but the duct tape keep peeling off..ha. I'm thinking of checking out the Ice Kings or something along those lines, not quite sure yet

ripstick,

That's one thing that is hard for me to grasp...no liners. Just seems like leather and rubber won't do the job without really good socks. Currently I just wear usual cotton socks with no issues. I'd just keep the old boots I have, but the duct tape keep peeling off..ha. I'm thinking of checking out the Ice Kings or something along those lines, not quite sure yet

You can't go wrong with the Ice Kings, I love mine for sitting in my ice fishing shack.

I've got the same Blizzard Stalkers and have yet to get cold feet ice fishing or deer hunting. I usually don't wear them snowmobiling because they are too wide to fit comfortably on my running boards but the few times I have my feet have been more than warm. Good boots.