Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
luv2fish

Can Am Starting problem

So I took my 2006 Can AM outlander out ice fishing yesterday. I had no problem starting it on the lake the 3 or 4 times we moved. But with the rain and sleet it was turning into a block of ice. So I threw it on the truck and brought it home. When I got it home I noticed the starter button was frozen in. Not knowing what to do (besides getting it in the garage and thawing it out) I started it and ran it for the minute or 2 it took to get it off the truck and in the garage. The last little bit while putting it in the garage, it was starting to bog down and sputter.

Fast forward to today. I try to turn it over, and it just tries to turn over. I cannot get it started. The button is not frozen anymore. I am not the most mechanical guy in the world, what should I try?

Guy at work said 2 things might have happened. Moisture in the gas line froze and/or flooded it real bad. Over lunch I went and put some stuff in the gas to get the moisture out. Then I tried to start it without using the choke (he told me it would burn off any gas). After I had it trying to pop without any choke, I put it up to full choke and tried to start it. I got it started 2 or 3 times, but it would bog down and die within a few seconds.

I left and had to come back to work. I would guess the kill switch is fine since I got it to turn over a few times, correct?

It it started after putting adding a treatment to the gas then died again, I would zero in on that. Sounds like a frozen fuel line.

You might want to drain the tank and try some gas from a different station.

I wonder if I get it somewhere warmer if the fuel line will unfreeze and then I can run some of this gas through? I went back last night when it was colder and could only get it to turn over 2 or 3 times, but it did not run for any period of time after it turned over.

How would I go about getting the gas out?