• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Sabaskong Ice?

I know a few people that have been out on sabaskong. I was out on stevens last week before the ice show. No word on gordie yet. If I see him I will ask him. I found mostly 8" or more ice in most areas I have been. My friends have been running around on sleds and 4 wheelers. There still is unsafe ice in high current areas but with most days not getting above 0F ice is making everyday and night. Crow has also froze over but is not safe I don't think yet. I will call muskie bay resort today and see what it looks like. I am sure we will have awesome ice for the trout opener and I bet there will be quite a few people crappie fishing during the christmas holidays. Any more questions just post and I will try and find out as soon as I can. and as for pelican landing, I don't know for sure, I think they do have a HSOforum though with contact information.

Great news and thanks for the update. It looks like I need to make some reservations for the holiday break. The crappies will get a run for the money. I need to get the wife used to the idea I should be up there for New Years (read trout opener here).

I will be around during opener but I won't be living at the camp. I have to talk to paul about what days I am guiding for sure. They are booked solid and that usually means lots of fishing. I think I like ice fishing more than open water cause staying in communication with people is so much simpler when they are all members of the same HSOforum!!