Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Torsion Axle fishhouse frame, thoughts?

4 posts in this topic

Cat's meow. Gotta be going on 5 years with mine. 2 trips to NoDak each fall and 4-6 fishing trips with Winnie being the closest. No trouble other than having to replace hydraulic clyinders due to shock loading which was my fault. Looking forward to ordering a new model with tandems which should hopefully pull easier.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• I am a life long party hunter and refuse to apologize for it. To say that it is easy for gramma to be cooking while someone shoots her deer is a non factor as I know there are plenty of archery hunters who shoot their deer and then fill a tag for their spouse/kids/parents etc. If you are breaking the law you are breaking the law and whether you are in a group or solo doesn't mean it will or won't happen if you choose to.   That being said, I would be totally fine with changing the seasons around but to me, if you want thing equal, then make them equal. If you don't want group hunting then let the rifle and muzzy hunters have the same 4 month season the sting and stickers get so that there is no big rush and time limit to fill the tag. If drives are eliminated it shouldn't matter what device you use to harvest the deer. Have one, single state wide license and let the hunters hunt whenever they want through the whole season. That will remove the pressure and keep the deer from getting run around during the peak of the rut and the gun hunters don't have to worry about whether they can get a decent hunt because the corn isn't out of the field or the areas they hunt are currently under water.  
    • I'm all for the 2nd buck tag in Managed or IH areas.  I understand the biological approach that shooting a buck doesn't control the population like shooting a doe.  Don't disagree.  But the areas that deer numbers are high enough to warrant additional management tags there wouldn't be much damage done to the buck population if people were allowed to buy a 2nd tag.  Make it the price of an out of state tag for all i care and use it to generate $$$.  In SE where APR is in place, this will have very little effect on the population/quality of bucks because you won't have an increase in 1.5 yr olds going down.   That said this will never happen.  The only crowd bigger than the "i want to, I get to" crowd is the "if I can't, you shouldn't be able to" crowd.
    • Just saw on Facebook Dixons might not have access to the 3rd flowage road would that take effect this winter???
    • President Obama claimed he learned about Hillary Clinton’s email through the news, just like everyone else, but notes the FBI recently released from interviews with her top aides revealed the president was corresponding with Clinton using a pseudonym. Moreover, recently released WikiLeaks emails show top aide Cheryl Mills expressing concern after the president made that public statement because she knew he was emailing with her. “We need to clean this up — he has emails from her — they do not,” Mills wrote to John Podesta on March 7, 2015. If this wasn’t enough, the way Obama’s BlackBerry is set up offers even more proof the White House knew about Clinton’s email.  
    • I'm not sure whats worse, debating the presidential election or best practices for whitetail management in MN.  But I will say this, MN is a lot different than other states as we have such a diverse ecosystem.  The Boreal forest of the northeast, central hardwoods, mineral rich SE, and western prairie.  All need to be managed differently due to the different deer densities, habitat and food.  I'm kinda glad I'm not the one calling the shots and trying to appease everyone.   
    • Not directed at you, pike - sorry for that impression. It was more directed (for some unknown reason) at a lot of my Facebook friends, almost none of whom frequent this page. So that's my bad

Anyway, I stand by my point that the Vikings unlikely early success led to overhype of Bradford. After six games, the team is second to last in the league in yards per play. Some of that is o-line, some of that is (IMO) lack of creativity from the OC, but some of it is certainly because Bradford doesn't have the arm to stretch the field, and teams are already learning how to stifle MN's limited offensive menu.

Yes, Bradford had a couple of nice games. I'm thrilled about that. But if you look at the whole arc of his career, there is no reason to believe - especially given the Vikes' limited weapons on offense - that the good games are more likely to continue than the mediocre-to-awful games.

If this team wins, it will because of its defense and because Bradford doesn't turn the ball over. There just isn't any margin for error with such a pathetic offense.
    • So who has a Custom Cottages fish house or has fished out of one?  What are your thoughts?  I have an another brand right now and am thinking its time to upgrade to something different.  i know that price will much more, but it does appear that you get what you pay for with this company.
    • O.T.C I like your idea.  We've done it on the water a few times.  Set decoys on one side of a slough and then go to the other side.  While growing up, all the old guys we hunted with were diver guys.  They called all puddle ducks screw ducks since they screw around and around before committing to decoys.  Haven't had the guys to try it in the field yet.  May have to give it a shot this weekend. thanks
    • Neither!! A little late on the response (few years late) dish in our house hold has always been horrible like he said any rain drop, snow flake or a little wind and it's out. I've heard dish is fine just not where we were located I guess! spearing machine and I are brothers. That's how I know.   
    • I guess that means you're stumped.
  • Our Sponsors