Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fatboy

LED lighting for my portable

10 posts in this topic

I was looking at best hon- kon- led ropes has anyone compared the white leds to the warm white leds? The information on there web site says they put out the same amount of light. Is there a better alternative?

I like warm white because it projects the lighting in a bit more natural and "warm" color. White is nice and BRIGHT and I'm not sure how they are side by side (I think Harvey Lee has both as he's mentioned before). For someone like myself that is confined to an office full of fluorescents and unnatural lighting. I can't stand the whiteness of that color of light when I'm fishing. I have a 48cm strip in my Clam 460 and it is plenty bright. Good luck

I thought I had heard that the warm white wasn't as bright. I have two 48 cm strips of the regular white and they are nice, though they definitely have a touch of blue tint to them. Not bad - still mostly white, but I could see the warm white being much nicer if they had the same brightness.

I thought I had heard that the warm white wasn't as bright. I have two 48 cm strips of the regular white and they are nice, though they definitely have a touch of blue tint to them. Not bad - still mostly white, but I could see the warm white being much nicer if they had the same brightness.

I'm not sure? I know mine are bright to the point that I'm installing a dimmer switch because it's too bright at night. Buyer beware, people have had bad luck with packages showing up with bulbs not functioning and the return policy is non existent. If you do buy them reinforce the stock cable with a heavier duty cable that can withstand the cold. Good luck.

Has anyone ever tried the rope lights from Cabela's?? Seen them last night. 3 foot long for $34.99.

Guess I'm asking, if they are bright or not.