Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gonehunting

ATV ice equipment ideas

19 posts in this topic

I have a 2004 Honda Rancher and I want to build some type of box for carrying ice fishing equipment (auger, 20# propane tank, vexilar, etc.) Just wondering if anyone had a picture of one they built. Just looking for ideas. Appreciate any suggestions.

I have an otter fishhouse. I just don't want to pack it full everytime I go out. This way I can set up the house without unpacking everything. Better accessibility is the reason I guess.

I saw some racks that attach to the back rack at the ice show I am not sure who makes them, maybe maddog gear? I know they have holders to mount to hold your auger but the rack was a box style and would hold a lot of stuff or 3 - 5gal buckets

Did anyone see that atv by the Jiffy booth at the icefishing show? It had a rack on the back that looked wide enough to carry a 20# tank. That's what I'm looking for. The one's that I've looked at don't look wide enough.

Three milk crates bolted together, holds a 20# cylinder and two 5 gallon buckets. My buddy calls it getto, works for me.

I want to purchase a auger mount for my wheeler,

and was wondering what different brands are out there.Whats everybody like and dislike.

Thanks!

on the back of my 4 wheeler i have the bigger size action packer.i put my vex,tackle box and a small cooler for the bait.on the front i bought a gun rack for a 4 wheeler that holds my auger in place by 2 bunges.then i put my heater in a milk crate and my fishing rods and buckets in my sled.the gun rack and action packer a very cheap.

As far as auger mounts go, it's pretty hard to beat the Mad Dog Auger Mount. I tried to beat it doing it my own way, and now I have the Mad Dog. $40 well spent!

Good Luck,

MJ

Did anyone see that atv by the Jiffy booth at the icefishing show? It had a rack on the back that looked wide enough to carry a 20# tank. That's what I'm looking for. The one's that I've looked at don't look wide enough.

Check tractor supply, Cabelas used to carry them,not sure if they do any more... I think Koplin makes them.

I have a Mad Dog auger mount on my front rack and love it.

Does anyone out there know where I could get some milk crates?

I bought a rack for the back on my ATV from Cabellas. It is 3 circular hoops that fold up when not in use. Each hoop will accomadate a 5 gallon buckt. I also have two milk crates on the back ATV rack right behind the seat. For the auger I use my front rack mounted gun racks for the auger, secured with a bungie cord. It I'm going a long ways I put the auger in the sled and use the travel cover to keep the snow out. It works pretty good. good luck and hang on. Bill