• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Empire (HearthRite) Ventless 20,000 BTU Blue Flame Wall Heater

sheepheadslayer

Question

8 answers to this question

Hawk I bought your neighbor Mels big pig of a house. They bought a different one and me and a couple guys had the great idea of redoing this one. Well its coming alone but didnt expect this much work. It was pretty much in need of a total renovation. It will be nice when its done. I haven't heard of anybody having this heater and was wondering if it would work. You can buy them for under $200 so thought what the hey.

I saw his new house and didn't even think about sell the old. The ventless heaters will put alot of humidity in the air, which causes alot of problems in a house even if a window is left open. I know alot of people use them. I think not having a fresh air draw caused alot of the problems in that house anyway, That and not putting a wood on the metal tubing.

We went and put wood on the metal tubing and then put up a vapor barrier. We are now puting some pretty heavy paneling in now. We also removed every screw in the sheet metal and replaced with the rubber washer selve tapping screws a size bigger. Then we caulked every seam on the house. I am pretty confident it wont leak but i also dont want to a heater that is gonna make vapor moisture. This may not be the ticket then. Prolly go with a direct vent wall mount.