• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

arctic armor or ice armor?

fishhuntwork

I have never tried Ice Armour but my guess it would be warm but I do own Arctic Armour and it is very warm and windproof. I have to take my jacket off if I am setting up or doing something that involves a lot of activity cause I will overheat. Last winter I did not use my Otter nearly as much because sitting outside was so nice with the suit on I just did not see the need. When going 50 mph across the lake you just did not feel the cold which really helps when getting off the lake after dark. It is also waterproof and will float YOU if you need it to in a emergency. It is NOT a coast guard approved flotation device but darn close.

Both the Ice and Artic are great. Very warm, water proof, wind proof.

2 big Diff.

1)Artic will float ewe if you go through the ice, Ice will not.

2)Artic runs $300-$350, Ice $200-$250

Comes down to how much do you want to spend and if you want to float if you go through.

I own Ice, I like to use it for early and late season rain gear.

Artic is just way to warm

Duck

I think DuckJ summed it up really well. There's lots of great materials out there now that are lightweight and comfortable to wear, and will keep you warm and dry.

I don't wear Ice Armor so I can't say if it's warmer than Arctic Armor. But I find it hard to believe that it would be. And as has been mentioned many times, the peace of mind that comes from the flotation safety factor in Arctic Armor is really nice to have.

2 big Diff.

An extra hundred bucks for peace of mind (both your's and your loved ones') and to possibly save your life. Hmmmm? I've spent $100 on alot stupider an less important things.

I will be going to visit jim in waconia tomorrow to place my order. Thanks again!!

You can call me Dave grin

Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow. If you can, give me a call and let me know when you think you'll be there. I'm not there all day long but I try to be there if I know I have people coming in. But even if I'm not there, other people are there who can help you.

The phone number and directions are HERE

Originally Posted By: DUCKJ

2 big Diff.

An extra hundred bucks for peace of mind (both your's and your loved ones') and to possibly save your life. Hmmmm? I've spent $100 on alot stupider an less important things.

This is the big factor for me. A hundy to float, not only on the ice, but early spring and late fall out of the boat is a small price to pay for me.

One thing not said yet about the Artic Armour is it is a lot less bulky then the Ice Armour. So much easier to wear in the ice house, or truck if needed.

I wore mine during deer hunting in Wisconsin this year under my orange. Temps were down to lower teens, it was to warm for the walk to my stand, but when I was in stand, wind was blowing pretty good, temps in the teens. I never got cold, I sat until 11am!

lmao...you can call me dave...thats a good one there. don't ya like when people call ya jim?

its really a no brainer when u add in the fact that it floats..for an extra hondo that is well worth it...i went and picked up an AA suit a couple weeks ago and it's awesome.

i guess you could just buy the ice armor and go spend that extra hondo u saved at the bar this weekend lol...booooooooooooooo

they both are great suits, but I would have to go with Artic Armor. Safety is always first when you are on ice and wearing something that will float if you go through is well worth the money, let along the suit is not bulky at all and very comfortable. Feel free to email me if you have any other questions.