• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Auger Question

tip_upclyma

What exactly are you looking to do with Seafoam? Just so everyone knows; this is not oil to mix with gas but to add to your mixed gas for some carb cleaning and such. I don't mean disrespect, but I don't want you to burn out your auger.

So, i know this has shown up in other posts recently- but i just scored a brand new auger and am wondering if i should use the reg. unleaded (with 10% ethanal added) or use higher end non-oxygenated gas, available in my town at one place. Also, i may start adding seafoam as well, if reccomended. I am really stoked to not be hand-drilling this year- seeing how i would fish too long at unproductive holes last year b/c i got sick of drilling!

I always fill my 5 gallon jug up with non-oxy because some of my motors are older 4 strokes and that is the same jug that I use to mix up 2 stroke gas and I have not had any problems as of yet. I always worry that the gas will break down faster with ethanol and will cause problems some time down the line.

A lot of people will say to go with Premium Non-oxygenated gas (no ethanol) for all small engines, and I usually tend to do that. For a new auger there shouldn't be much of a reason to add Seafoam to your pre-mixed gas. Make sure to break in that new auger by running a tank of gas through it before getting it on the ice.

Buy a gas can and fill it with NON-OXY gas for your small engines. Hagbergs Market in Lake Elmo has it. Big Marine store has it as well. Pick up some good 2 cycle oil while your at it.

I see a lot of people are running Amsoil 80:1 in all their small engines. That way you have no worries about any of your mix machines. I have yet to have a problem in any of my small engines with single mix synthetic.

Ferny.

McGurk, thanks for the info. After reading your last post, I don't even think I need it this season. I bought my Jiffy brand new last year and it fired up last night ready to go! Maybe I will wait another season before I start adding the "help juice". Thanks!

I was in the 'hood yesterday checkin johnson. ice wasn't so good yet-but getting there. wish i woulda checked one pine too so i could tell ya- but i wouldn't doubt it, things are icing up nicely here. I may just pay you a visit...