• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Maybe, just maybe?

riverrat56

So being as we have no good options at Qb, but do have 2 very talented running backs and a WR that is a former Qb (even if his pass last week didn't show it, he has thrown a few nice balls before) Would anyone else like to see the Vikings implement some form of "Wildcat" offense?

If Chester or AP can throw even a quick dump pass to the flats or a short slant, it may work? It would open up the feild somewhat to be able let the back read the feild and run off tackle or pitch it wide or visa verse. If nothing else it would be something to watch.

Or if that is to much for Chilly to think of I would love to see AP and Taylor in the backfeild together more often, run split backs and do some crossing action or Taylor in at a tight slot and run a quick reverse, not these long end around that we see from time to time.

I am with the second part, Chili's head would explode trying to scheme that up.

There would have to be something inside of his head to cause an explosion. I say he'd implode. He gets closer every weekend.

The athletes on professional defenses are so strong and so fast that a lot of these style offenses just wouldn't work. Maybe once or twice as a gimmick play, but if you lined up and tried to run options, double dives, crossbucks and that type of stuff in the NFL, the defenses would EAT YOU UP.

I have been saying the vikings need to try the wildcat since I first saw Miami doing it. We have 2 good rb's and plenty of talent to run it. But like you guys said Chilltard must think that too risky! I hope hes gone at the end of the season. Maybe we could get Billick or Chower?