• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ice Fishing!

Only one more month to go...my Grand-daughter asked her Mom why she wasn't packing boxes yet. There isn't going to be much to pack though as they are selling as much as they can to have money for the trip....every job my son-in-law bids on, and they are very few, he gets underbid so bad that he wouldn't even be able to break even. The good news is that the outfit he has signed on for up here wants him up here as soon as possible. Maybe they can get back on the feet again. They will be staying with us for awhile.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lisa it was a fawn,we had to work our butt off to even get that. ya the ice is looking great so far. i did not walk out real far but knowing the lake i think its that thick most the way out to where we normally fish. we will spend 4 days up there the weekend of dec12th.

My fishing buddy was here today, he is going to go out and check it. His wife made a batch of pickled northern (was very tasty) and he gave some to his 90 year old dad now we gotta go get more northerns to keep his dad happy. I made a batch of pickled bass, not as good as the northern but still tasty. I might venture out and check the ice this weekend.

cry This sucks... ice fishing signals the end of muskie season... and now my lures are just hanging, gathering dust...

On the other hand... tip-ups and getting buzzed drinking beers while chatting with others and watching all the fun on the ice helps some....

MnGirl... already did at my facebook profile... its counting down...

Im just basically killing time by searching excessively online for boat stuff I need to purchase for the boat itself and the motor... Gonna order those things and start working on the boat once the snow melts... who cares about mud!!! and get her all done before those fishes get turned on...

Yeah I have two countdowns going on now... One's for the Muskie season opener on June 6th, other's for the MN Muskie Expo on the weekend of April 3rd to 5th...

60" Muskie??? a daunting task for sure... lets just worry about catching your first one... regardless its size... bigger isnt always better, ya know??? grinwhistle

LOL... allrighty ice fishing sounds good...

Only caught one muskie this year... wasnt a great year for many tho... hopefully all that will change next year and I'll have my boat ready to go... so I'd go out more than I did this year and last...

Well, I know a great spot to try if you are interested next summer. I also know some places in the metro for ice fishing if you are ever looking for company. My friend and her hubby have a permanent shack he made this summer that seats 4 or 5 I think.