• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Can I shoot a doe with Muzzleloader if....???

I hunt in central Mn. I applied for a doe tag but didnt get one for the regular firearms season. If I muzzleload in Northern MN (north of Park Rapids), can I shoot a buck or doe with muzzleloader or did I loose that option of shooting a doe when I bought the reg. firearms tag???

What if Im in an intensive harvest area?

Thanks

If you are in a lottery area -- it sounds like you are-- you can not shoot a doe with a muzzeloader. You lost your chance to do so when you applied for a doe tag during the regular season. If you go to a intense area, then you can purchase a intense harvest tag for a doe and use it in an intense area only. Thats my read on the rules.

Pete is right, the only way you can shoot a doe with your ML in a lottery area is if you a.)were successful in the lottery, or b.)never bought a firearm license. You can go to any Management or Intensive harvest area and use a YOUR ML tag as long as you have not reached your "bag" limit in any of those areas, i.e. 2 deer in a managed area, or 5 deer in an intensive harvest area, and you have not met your 5 deer Minnesota Bag limit in any combination of areas. Sound confusing???

96trigger, why would he need to get a bonus tag? This doesn't jive with what you told me before that which tag it is doesn't matter. If he goes to an intensive or bonus area can't he just use the ML tag he has?

Also, he can look for areas with surplus doe tags in lottery areas. That's another way to get one, I got one that way for Rock County after I didn't apply originally.

Quote:
96trigger, why would he need to get a bonus tag? This doesn't jive with what you told me before that which tag it is doesn't matter. If he goes to an intensive or bonus area can't he just use the ML tag he has?

LAWDOG. I just reread my post, you are right he would NOT need to get a bonus tag to shoot a doe in the Management or Intensive harvest area, He could use his regular license to tag the doe. I am sorry for the confusion, I mispoke. I'm glad that one of us understands things, thank you for catching the correction.... I have since edited the post. Again, thank you.

I like this system better, but more questions come up about that darn lottery area than anything.

Differant area ya you can shoot ethire as long as you haven't taken a buck one buck state wide. you can fill one tag in a manage area let say a buck and go shoot a doe in a manage area with a bouns tag and go to a intensive harvest area an shoot 3 more deer with bouns tags. its still 1 buck and 4 does it meets state wide quota. look at regs.