• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

gander mountain LED lights

evinrude19

i got them last year and did not like them at all

my buddy got some from best king kong LED just google those words and it will take you to there site then find water proof then the 48 cm strip of white at the bottom ....and yes they really are from king kong lol i got mine on order i am takeing down the gander ones and you need 2 of the strips to light you house of really good they are like $13

IF you do a search on them, last year or year before ALOT of people were complaining about the LED's dieing out or them just not being as bright as others on the Market, If you can wait (checks for ice) and I think you can, I would suggest [YouNeedAuthorization] lights, Dave AKA Hovermn has them in our Perminate and they light that thing up great, mabye one more strip and youd see us from the moon. The light is reall nice white light and the way they are set up in the perminate they dont produce any shadows. I on the other hand had found a "UFO" light that you can now find at just about any shop out there, I know Northern carries them now for around 10-15 bucks, they run off of Double A's but id bet if you had some knowdlege you could convert them. I have now gone almost a full year with out having to swap out my batteries, granted I dont stay out much past 7 or 8 as it seams the fishing really seamed to die off by them.

ShawnnyB

Zach....The GM ropes are as good of a rope light as commonly offered, and much less in cost than the Clam version ropes. Rope lights work in certain applications, and not so well in others.

Lots of good LED lighting available these days. New LED Work Light bars, and rechargeable 30/70 LED Work Lights are rolling out that I would recommend over rope any day.

The rechargeable work light system is high on my personal favorite systems out right now.

Originally Posted By: 7outof10
i got them last year and did not like them at all

my buddy got some from best king kong LED just google those words and it will take you to there site then find water proof then the 48 cm strip of white at the bottom ....and yes they really are from king kong lol i got mine on order i am takeing down the gander ones and you need 2 of the strips to light you house of really good they are like $13

lol

its best H O N G KONG

lol your right but they are good lights i just got an email saying they where on back order

Are the Gander ones the "First Ice" brand? I got a couple strands of those for my portable a few years ago on sale for $6 each. Yeah, not all of the lights work but it's still plenty bright for my Otter Cabin when I run them off a spare flasher battery. I figured for $6 each I'd give them a try and they've been going strong for 3 seasons now.

I bought them also 3 years ago and a few have gone out but for the money they are fine.I put mine in alluminum c channel to keep them straight and all pointed down. The wiring isn't the best you just have to be a little carefull with em.

I have the gander LED in my portable and in my permanent. IT lights my portable FRABIL XL TWIN very well and is easy on battery. In my wheel house i mounted to the ceiling and use as night light( i added a toggle switch). This works VERY good. THE key is LED. I purchased form Dave Gentz a NON LED set and the lighting was very poor and takes a lot of battery. They had a close out for 6.00 and thought i would try. Got burned. LED all the way. I like the idea of the aluminum bar as it is tough to get the LED rope light situated to shine down at your holes. Especially when it is very cold and your lights are wound up in a circle.

Good luck