• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Syracuse Ice Fishing Show

Tyler I'll have your LX-5 with me tomorrow. Also we plan on heading somewhere to eat right after the show. Right now Jay and I will be with Thorne Brothers and Doug will be in the Ice Team booth. But the most important thing is to get to the Maki booth first Scott will have a very nice display and pro packs abound, good time to stock up and talk to the plastic master.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope that pike pounder and river rat introduce themselves to the Minnesota group at the ice show.
Are they going to be there? i'm not, gotta work tommorrow, and sunday i'm hunting for the last time this year Then, it's all ice!

I might make it there Sunday

Gonna try to get a deal on a Vexilar FL20

you will never regret it! i gut a fl8se and love it! I would like to go to the show, but promised a bunch of guys i would check out their camp down in the southern tier! camp sounds like more fun....

I just got back and bought a [PoorWordUsage] load of Makis. Some guy named Tony? and Pete?> I think sold me them. They showed me everything I need to work em. Nice guys

Pete's a funny guy.

He always makes me laugh a lot.

I wish I lived closer to Syracuse.

Sounds like the show woulda been fun.

I had a Vex but sold it.

I bought a X67 and Pete helped me get the ice machine conversion for it.

Love it!

I much prefer the graph mode to the flasher mode.

But it does have a flasher mode for people who wants to use that way instead.

I just like the graph mode better.

I have a old Humminbird Super 60 flasher mounted in a box with a motorcycle battery.

It works.

Just not color.

But it works.

I tried to sell it a few times, but nobody wanted to give me squat for it.

So I keep it for other people to use here and there.

Mostly just sits on a shelf in the garage.

I just got back and met the nicest and most informative guys at the show. They were working for thorne bros. There names were Jay and Tim.Also a heck of a nice guy named Doug around the ice tents. Had a great time.

So who's all out there for vendors? I know Clam/Ice Team was headed that way, I packed up the Lindy booth after the St.Paul show and it got sent with them, but what about StrikeMaster, Jiffy, Nils, Nature Vision, and tons of others? Does anyone have a count on the number of booths that are there?

Thanks PP ... If you head back down there tomorrow, Tell Scott hello for me, and swat Toni in the back of the head and tell him it's from me as well. Thanks for the info, maybe next year it will grow, and there will be more vendors there.

How about the food and drink prices? They were robbing us blind at $3.75 for a 20oz. bottle of pop here.

You gut a point ... I know it's live and learn for me, 2 years in a row now, and I said it last year that I was going to go the cheap route and take a cooler ... I spent 3 days there this year, and that about $40.00 more I could have spent on fishing gear and I not spent it on food and drinks spending 10-12 hrs each day there. They get you for the parking, and know your not going to just hop in the car and run down to BK or McD's ... So they clober you with a $10.00 for a soda and a hot dog mad Talk about price gouging ... that same soda costs $1.29 5 miles down the road!

Well guys I spent two days at the show with Jay, Doug and Maki got to see alot of good fellas that I haven't scene since my Minnesota trip last year and beyond. The gang from the web site here and familiar faces from the CNY community all came buy to say hello. Always great to spend time with the godfather of the system "Mr. Dave Genz". Before kick off Friday afternoon I made my first and most important stop and that was to see my good friend Scott Brauer of Maki Plastics and bought $70 of his great plastics and picked up a nice Maki towel and stickers for the van. Scott's display was fantastic and I tried on the IDI gear and now know what sizes I need, Thanks Scott. I got over to RGFIXIT over at Ice Shanty booth and signed in been a long while since I had seen Bob probably 6 years ago at an IFA event at IBay. Got a chance to talk to JP over at Nils as well and stopped at the Fish 307 booth, Caty jigs abound and a nice selection. I got to see Cody and chat with him a couple times and of course Smitty and talk about the Marines a bit as you know USMC Steve and my son Tyler all have Marine Corp in there blood. Semper Fi..

Jay was awesome selling rod's and jigs sometimes I looked over and he'd have 2-3 guys he was talking with. Doug was busy with inguiries on the Jason Mitchell rod line as well. The meat stick is da bomb! Jay presented me with a custom rod 24" and wrapped it with my favorite baseball team color (St. Louis Cardinals) and of course a package of his handpainted jigs.

I think Nellie, Josh, Matt and I sold four Vexilars and two MarCum's Friday night.

After the show Jay and Doug had a good time celebrating Dougs' 40th birthday and made it to the show Saturday just in time for the opening winkgrin Ahhhh youngsters smile

On Saturday the gates opened at 10 and we were pretty busy from the get go and by the end of the day I was down to one LX-5 demo, sold 4 VX-1's and spent 45 minutes just before I left and with Jay's testimonial sealed the deal and Al purchased and LX-3. A couple of Hummingbirds and a couple more Vexes sold. Took a break from the electronics section and spun around and helped a few guys with purchases of Ice Armor clothing hats and gloves and the new boots., swung back around the electronics side an sold an LXi and a Strimaster Polar vision handheld, MarCum DCS 100 chargers and vex accessories and batteries. Could have used some more vex lights and a couple dual beam transducers. The crowd definitely put a dent in the electronics display today. When I got a half sec. break around 1 p.m. I went over and purchased a hamburger fries and a coke for $10 and Doug stopped by to shoot the bull and Dave Genz sat down right between us and we had a good chat, even Dave needs a break every now and then so that was cool. It was great seeing Jim Tupper, and meeting Rob Goffredo from the Cicero Gander and Rick Pesci from the New Hartford Gander also chatted with a guy that works at the Johnson City Gander as well. Spitshot was there early with RJ, Tank and Billy, Hendo, Mike Mansfield, Dan Fox (Get well soon bud) Paul Procopio s.p. George a buddy of mine who's daughter is serving in the Air Force and head of the Delta Lake crew and everyone including our great gang, Chris, Aaron, thanks for swinging by and saying hi. If I missed anyone I'm sorry, but my impression even though it was a small show I can guarantee you the attendance was there to widen it definitely and expand for next season.

Got lucky friday night in not payinng the $4 for parking but paid $4 on Saturday., Saturday morning on the way to the show I had no heat in my van for the one hour ride to the Cuse. I was shivering as it was 5 deg. when I left Rome in the morning and was an icicle when I arrived at the show Saturday. Wanted to thank Josh and Thorne Bros., for the long sleeve shirt and Matt and Nellie for making it fun in the electronics booth. One thing I forgot to mention is Thorne Bros. new price point rods. They are definitely going to win some folks over, there reasonably priced with great components and great action and should sell well and not break the bank I believe Dark Cloud moved quite a few of these as well.

Doug and Jay you guys have a great last day at the show tomorrow, maybe you'll be able to score some great deals as the clock winds down on the final day, not that we need anything, but having to much ice gear is always a good thing. i enjoyed doing the show and would do it again in a heartbeat, great time...

Tim, glad to here you had a good time yesterday my day consisted of driving 140 miles round trip to get my new shelter.It took a few hrs to assemble and ready to fish.

DC,Chef and the Gang sorry I didn't make it out to see you guys its been pretty busy around here.I had a nice chat with CNY Lee last night on the phone and he's ready to fish.I have a old neighbor of mine coming over today sometime to do a complete brake job on the front of his Truck.Tim I will be home most of the day give me a shout anytime.