• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Be careful this weekend

I don't know how many of you will be duck hunting for deer opener, but with the forecast I know I will waiting until the 2nd weekend to chase deer. If you are "duckin'" make sure you wear some blaze orange whenever you're moving about. There's a lot of idiots out there as much as we'd like to think otherwise.

I did not really think about that but very good point. I am duck hunting on Sunday and portaging into a small lake up North where there are many deer hunters. I would hope that someone would not shoot at something moving on the lake, but you never know, since we will be in full camo gear.

I think u are required to were blaze if you are walk to and from a duck hunting spot, such as field hunting or small sloughs that doesn't have a main access, but I don't think it is required if you are on the water! I would check the regs to make sure!

From Page 30 of the hunting regs, special section on blaze orange requirements.

Quote:
This restriction does not apply to migratory waterfowl hunters on waters or in a stationary shooting location or to trappers on waters.

I have not yet found where it says to wear orange when walking into your waterfowl area, but I do recall reading it in the past.

edit: I think we are meant to read the sentence as saying "no orange when in your boat on the water, or when in your blind sitting and waiting for ducks. When not sitting in your blind, you better have orange on". That's how I interpret it anyway...

Had a guy a few years ago let go rifle fire into my goose decoy spread in a chisel plowed field, be careful out there and if you hunt where people can drive by and see your spread and they slow way down or stop or turn around and come back by, stand up and let them know they are decoys, 30-06 bullets blistering your decoys will scare the .... out of you at least it did me!