• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

No deer this morning

Kyle

So after two mornings of good action in a new spot, all of a sudden I see absolutely nothing this morning. I did notice a stand about 60yds from mine that someone else put up, but I dont know that it wasnt already there. it could have been and i may have just missed it. I cant figure this out. Was it the warm weather and the cloud cover? That is honestly the only thing i can think of.

I hunted this last friday night and saturday morning and didn't see any deer. Saturday night I also did not see any deer during hunting hours, however I did stay out for a few hours after sunset to see if anything was moving. Of course about 45 minutes after complete darkness I saw the outlines of 5 deer moving through. I hope they start moving during hunting hours so I can get one

I dont understand how deer in one part of the state can be fully in the the rut and another they have yet to really start.

Ive also gone a long time in one stand without seeing anything. It is just weird to be having good action and then all of a sudden nothing.

The rut goes as the Does go. Right now, in my area, the does are not being very receptive. Last night one bolted for the woods at the sight of a small buck. 15 miles down road, those does are being more receptive. It was just picking up when the weather turned and we got this little heat wave, I think that it will pick up considerable in the next couple of days when the front goes through.

Like 96 said it all depends on the does. If one goes into heat early someone will always say the rut is on in October when really one doe is providing all the action. We have had seasons where one guy will see all kinds of action and another guy 2-300 yards away doesn't see a deer. You really just have to be in the right place when that hot doe comes by. Over the years I have seen the best rutting action from November 8th through the 12th, but different parts of the state can vary from region to region.