Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
zamboni

Could It Be Minnesota????

8 posts in this topic

Since the Phils won the World Series, their cities streak of being the longest running 4 major pro sport market since winning a championship has been snapped. So I was thinking at work last night, could Minnesota be the newest victim? No championships since 1991. I ran through all the teams in my head, and finally came up with one (I thought) that has been longer- Washington, DC. The Capitals have never won a Stanley Cup, the Nationals have never won a World Series, the Wizards (AKA Bullets) last won an NBA title back in 1978. Now onto the fun part- the Redskins won the Super Bowl following the 1991 season, the same year as the Twins last title. However, as you all know the Super Bowl is played into the next year, so they have gone since 1992, ironically their Super Bowl was won right here, in the Hump Dome. So, I guess we may be the longest running place without a title for our 4 teams. Anyone else know of any that have gone longer???

Not sure...but how 'bout the bay area in Northern California?

A's/Giants; Raiders/49ers; Golden State Warriors; San Jose Sharks.

Should all be considered the same market...

Not sure...but how 'bout the bay area in Northern California?A's/Giants; Raiders/49ers; Golden State Warriors; San Jose Sharks.Should all be considered the same market...

They have to have an NHL, MLB, NBA and NFL franchise in the same market.

there was a poll done on espn a few days ago, and Minnesota had the highest votes to win it next. They need to win it for Gardy IMO

I've heard a couple times that we've gone the longest without a championship.

i dont think we have one the longest without it, it was back it 91 that we won it last, and im sure there are others that are longer!