• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Could It Be Minnesota????

zamboni

Since the Phils won the World Series, their cities streak of being the longest running 4 major pro sport market since winning a championship has been snapped. So I was thinking at work last night, could Minnesota be the newest victim? No championships since 1991. I ran through all the teams in my head, and finally came up with one (I thought) that has been longer- Washington, DC. The Capitals have never won a Stanley Cup, the Nationals have never won a World Series, the Wizards (AKA Bullets) last won an NBA title back in 1978. Now onto the fun part- the Redskins won the Super Bowl following the 1991 season, the same year as the Twins last title. However, as you all know the Super Bowl is played into the next year, so they have gone since 1992, ironically their Super Bowl was won right here, in the Hump Dome. So, I guess we may be the longest running place without a title for our 4 teams. Anyone else know of any that have gone longer???

Not sure...but how 'bout the bay area in Northern California?A's/Giants; Raiders/49ers; Golden State Warriors; San Jose Sharks.Should all be considered the same market...

They have to have an NHL, MLB, NBA and NFL franchise in the same market.