• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

BowTech Mod Problems - Anyone Else

Jig4All

I wanted to put this out there to see is anyone has been experiencing problems with their BowTech Commander/Guardian mods like I have. I shot a 2007 Commander for 18 months and then started hearing noise from the cams when shooting. I tested the screws on the mods and found them to be completely stripped out. Two trips to the pro-shop later armed with new cams and mods I retried my bow and within 20 shots had the same problem again. Now its early September and I need my bow for the hunting season so I switch to a 2007 Guardian and just this morning with 2 stands and less than 100 arrows through this bow I hear an audible "crack" when practicing and upon investigation come to find all my mod screws loose and two of them completely stripped out.

I know everyone will say online they take good care of their equipment so here is my reasoning. I keep my bow in an SKB case laying flay horizontal on the floor indoors when not shooting it. I shot my Commander and shoot my Guardian at 70# with a 30.5' draw length with string loop.

I am completely puzzled by this and less than pleased with BowTech at this point. I don't want this to become a flame thread for manufacturers but just wanted to know if any others who shoot binary cams from BowTech have seen anything like this. I cannot be the only one can I? Thanks for the feedback.

I had a buddy that jumped on the Bow Tech craze a couple of years ago. But after similar problems to what you are experiencing, he now shoots Mathews. I don't know if they were the EXACT problems that you are having, but it was something to do with the cams.

I am thinking of going out and shooting a Mathews but I shoot a 30.5 inch draw so it would have to be Drenalin LD for me. I guess I will call around to some Mathews dealers and see who has one in stock I can shoot.

i used to shoot the bowtech justice and had no problems with it of any sort. last year i went to the mathews drenalin and it is by far the best bow i have owned. jig4all contact whitcombs whitetails they are a mathews dealer and have tons of bows in stock. if you buy a bow from them you get a lifetimes worth of free deer scent every year. check them out online also at whitcombswhitetails.com good luck with the search!

I shoot an '07 Commander and I've had no problems. I've also shot a handful of other Bowtechs with no problem. I can't help but think there's something wrong with how you've set these bows up- the same problem across different bows. This isn't a common Bowtech problem that I've heard of (there have been some problems that have shown a definite trend [e.g., General- limbs], but this isn't one that I'm familar with).

I do know this- a number of people have had problems with Commanders when shooting over a 30" draw. I've not heard this with the Guardians, but I have with the Commanders. I've not heard about your specific problem, but I have heard a variety of problems with the longer draw lengths. Something to think about...

Another possibility is that the only common thread that I can see is the shop setting it up and the shooter. Would you consider taking it to another shop and asking them to look at it to make sure something wasn't set up incorrectly?

Maybe everything is set up correctly and you just got two lemons. It can definitely happen.

Sorry, I'm not much help. Bow problems can be really frustrating. Good luck.

Just wondering if you use Loctite on the threads. I was told by my dealer ( Bowtech) that if I change the mods or remove them to use BLUE removable loctite on the threads. If the screws came loose and you did not notice it, it would probably only take a few shots to strip them out... There is only 3 or 4 threads in there. Could be a result of overtightening the screws also. Just throwing some ideas out there.. Scott. By the way I shoot a 06' Tribute and have had no problems with it ever. I shoot almost every day..

yep, loctite and snug it up. let the locktite dry before shooting. kinda the same deal as scope rings comin loose on kickin rifles.

any thing that may be affected by recoil should have a dab of locktite on the screws.