• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

T/C Muzzleloaders

JMo

I'm in the market for a muzzleloader and have pretty much decided on going with a Thompson Center. Now the question is which model. I was at a shop last weekend that had a Triumph for around 450 and a bunch of Omegas priced anywhere from 309 and up. I was wondering what the difference is between the two models and if anyone has any firsthand experience with either of these models. Thanks for any advice/help.

No experience with those two models but I can tell you that I wouldn't trade my T/C Encore for anything!! It's got about 12 deer under it's sling so far and I haven't had to track one yet! I shoot 150gr of pyrodex pellets (3 pellets) with a 250gr. Thompson Center "Shockwave" bullet and it does the trick every time clear out to 200 yds. Can't say enough great things about the gun. I guess if I did have to complain about one thing (and I shouldn't) it would be that the grip is just a hair to big for me, I'm a shorter guy with smaller sandwhich clamps so the grip is just a little big but other than that I love the gun!! The other nice thing about the Encore is you can switch the barrels out on it, rifle, varmint, shotgun,target gun etc! Good Luck...NAMA

We have a group of 10 that muzzleload hunt and take roughly 30-40 deer a year with them. Every one of us shoot a encore. They have never failed. It is worth the extra money. I have heard good things about the omega and the Triumph so I think if you stay with T/C you will be happy.

Thanks for the responses NAMA and TrophyEyes. Everybody I've talked to about muzzleloaders says go T/C. I would love to get the Encore but just can't quite swing it this year. Hopefully I can maybe save up for the Encore by next season.

Another thing you can do is check around some of your local gun dealers and see if they might have any pre-owned Encores. You may be able to find a real nice one without having to pay "new pricing". You may even consider trading in a gun that you don't use much on one to make up the difference. I don't reccomend ever selling a gun unless it's to trade for or buy another one! No shame in buying a "previously enjoyed" firearm! Good Luck!

I'm a shorter guy with smaller sandwhich clamps so the grip is just a little big but other than that I love the gun!!

Never heard the sandwich clamps reference before. I just about spit coffee on my monitor. Thanks for the laugh!

I have been wanting for a thumbhole omega fro a few years. Just strugaling with having extra $$$ for the gun. (kid comes first) As a smaller guy with smaller hands it just fits great. The Montey Carlo stalk puts my eye right were I need it to be everytime.

I would like an Encore, but like stated above the grip is just a little large. The $800 price tag is a bit steep as well. After all, why by one at one price when you can by two for the same money. Hmmmmm.....