• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

snow this weekend?

well gary, how was the weekend? sat here was great,to bad i had to spend most of it at my father-in-laws b-day party. man he doesnt look good. eeksickfrown did get yard work done in am. sunday holy smokes,left home at 5;30 am for camper to do some duck, pheasant and bow hunting. got the duck hunt in, no ducks. work done around camper started snowing at 9 am by noon left for home and ground was white and wont even mention the wind. OUCH!

Well, the weather was cooperative on Saturday. Partly cloudy and temps around 50. Winds were 8-15 all day. To bad the fish was not as cooperative. Everyone I talked to at the landing and on the lake was saying slow. However on another lake my brother in law did real well. We could not buy a fish and we watched him catch fish. Oh well.

Saturday around 6:30 all heck broke lose on the wind, blowing right in off the lake. Sunday AM it was a howling and it got worse as the day wore on. Something you don't see everyday happened, as I was sitting at the kitchen table looking out and watched a tree fall down right across the driveway. Missed the boat by 20 yards. If we had 1 more boat up there, it would have been hit. Had to clear that out b-4 departing. Kinda cool watching that happen. NO SNOW at all, just rain.

G.C.

no snow? sat nite weatherman said winter weather advisory for up there with snow and northern wisc was under a winter storm warning. close call with the tree. had a few of them this summer at cabin with outhouse and one shed. didnt see it fall though.

Hi guys! It didn't snow here in Carlton on Saturday either. We had some hail type stuff hit the windows late last night and a few tiny snow showers today but nothing else. Sure is chilly here though (34 degrees) and still pretty windy. Jim got the boat put away and the lawn cut on Saturday too.

really? confused the ground here, by new london was white by noon. it melted though. weatherman musta missed it but they siad northern mn was to get most the snow with a few flakes here. so lisa did ya have time to oil up the winter rods being the boat is ni-nite for winter? grin havent but looked at mine yet.

I am still a week away from winterizing the boat. We are having company this weekend and also have to make a trip to Duluth or the boat would be on Lake Vermilion this weekend. I am hoping things stay mild for the following weekend grin

YEP! Howard Lake from 197? to 1984 off hwy 6 across from Timbers Resort which was sold to Schmidts. With a couple attemps to move back inbetween. Problem was I tried to move back in late November eek. I didnt leave the house till Feb.(and no warm clothes) and that was to come back here. BUT they say 3's a charm grin Next time it will be early spring and NO TURNING BACK!