• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I finally got in the boat!

My 1st weekend off since August was a fun one! We fished Saturday on Cutfoot and did moderately well. The grand total was about 12 walleyes. It was REALLY windy so I'm glad I wore my winter gear too. It was about 38 degrees when we left that morning. The water temp was right around 52 degrees. Getting back up north and not having to worry about getting up at 5AM to work sure was nice. I got to make some bloody mary's, sleep in on Sunday morning but all in all, it went wayyy too fast! Next weekend Jim'll winterize the boat and he'll get the ice fishing gear out of the lower garage. Garage turnover and lake turnover happens about the same time every year up at the cabin! winkgrin

Way to go GF!!!! I went out in the boat on Saturday too, spent more time fighting the wind and the anchors than I did fishing on my lake X. One northern, at least I didn't get skunked. Took my neighbor lady out there yesterday, one 19" bass, one 20" walleye and about 5 bite offs.

Thanks guys! I'm glad I didn't get skunked either! Barb, 5 bite offs? WTheck? You were definitely in a northern hole huh? Good job getting on the lake too!

It sure felt nice not to have work/school on the mind! I have a lab exam tonight so I better hit the books!

lisa, great to hear you finally had a relaxing weekend.and you left a few fish for seed. doesnt any amount of time up north seem like it goes by way to fast? eeksickcrygrin we put the boat and camper ni-nite for winter this past weekend. good luck on your test.

I went out this afternoon, it was not as brutal as Saturday but it was cold!!! I only caught one walleye.....a hog! Check your email gals! I had a slight accident though, I was coming into the shore with the boat and and I turn the handle the wrong way, gave it too much gas, slammed into the shore, knocked my self right out of the seat and hit the seat in front of me. Slammed the boat so far up on the shore I couldn't push back into the water. Thank goodness my friend lets me leave it there, and he said he will go over there with me tomorrow and get it out of the lake. I guess I better not give lessons on how to run a boat!

barb, hey even us (seasoned) boat operators do a boo-boo know and then. eeksmirk like lisa said we all learn from them. lisa, thats what we are here for. your welcome. chatted abit here yesterday with your hubby, sounds like hes willin to show me some fishin spots on cutfoot in the future. lookin forward to that.

I really think that I need to get things put away or else it will have to wait till late November.Too many things to do and not enough time. I still have to do some upgrades on my ice fishing gear and that is what I am hoping to get done on the third weekend of Nov.and by then it should be time to ice fish laugh

Quote:
we could be on ice by Thanksgiving
I wouldn't be complaining either! smile

Quote:
sounds like hes willin to show me some fishin spots on cutfoot in the future. lookin forward to that.
Jim definitely knows Cutfoot/Winnie. You won't be disappointed glenn!

Whoa Barb! No worries though-we learn from our mistakes. We all make 'em! winksmile Your fish pic was a beauty!

glenn, I think I did pretty good on my test-thanks for all the support! You guys are good pals! grin

Just to let ya know, I wouldn't have normally kept that fish, but the hook went right through the eye and she was bleeding pretty bad.

i know im looking forward to it. i like adventures to a new lake, especially with someone who knows it. most my lakes i hit are smaller lakes. my wife will go on bigger lakes but shes a bit scared of them. by the way its my brides b-day today and on her way to las vegas. oh well someone has to work.

this year just one. last year they had 5. didnt work out to well. the other gal that they wanted to have go with couldnt, her hubby lost his job so needed to watch there Ps& Qs. there friends from the campground.