• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Finally got out for my opener.

Hunted for a little over an hour today. Moved 5 birds. Lots of corn up. The farmers are opening fields now so hopefully it'll start coming down.

The dog pointed right on the corner of a corn field in a small patch of grass about the size of a little kiddie swimming pool. It was one of those pretzel points. Body facing one way with the head turned back toward the tail. Out came a little bird but I couldn't tell what it was until it peeped (yes peeped) with the same cadence as a rooster would. Dropped it in some tall grass. After some good searching by the dog and a nice retrieve Team Gspman has it's first bird of the year.

I had similiar results on Friday afternoon. Moved 3 roosters on the edge of a big corn field. The first bird flushed too far out. The second flushed a few yards further up but unfortunately my O/U barrel selector was stuck in the middle so I could not shoot... My Griff looked at me like what's wrong with you... Pretty funny. A bit later she came on point right at the end of the field in tall grass.. I then flushed a nice big fully mature rooster and harvested the bird with one shot... All in all a really nice afternoon..

Onxe the corn is in it should be much better...

I know what you are saying boilerguy. I shot one this morning that let out a tiny little cackle which proved to be his downfall. My brother shot one this afternoon that could be his brother. I've got a good pic of the one I shot. I'll try to get it posted.

Quote:
Isn't it cool to see the dogs in action???

Be prepared for a lot of young roosters.

Always great to see'em pointing. I'd rather shoot one over a point then 5 any other way.

Young/old... It doesn't matter as long as they're pointed.