• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Mink pics

I came home today and saw a flurry of action behind the house and it was a mink and he had just killed a muskrat. My boy kept the mink away while I got the camera and I got a few pics. All shot with 100-400L at 400mm, f8, and AV mode.

C & C welcome

mink coming back and not sure what to make of the new guy sitting on the grass.

IMG_3489-copymink.jpg

IMG_3523mink4.jpg

IMG_3510mink3.jpg

IMG_3493mink2.jpg

mink grabbing muskrat

IMG_3482minkrat2.jpg

Here the mink is carrying the muskrat away, it was a big muskrat and he had no trouble running with it.

IMG_3503minkrat.jpg

Thanks

Dan

Steve, I know what you say about moving fast, it was hard to try to keep the focus point on him. I also wish I would have had the exposure compensated negative a little as on some closer shots I blew the highlights on some sweat on the tips of his hair pretty bad.

Thanks

Dan

Yea, it worked on me, at the speed he was running around he would have been in my lap in a nano second. I made a judgement call that I would just as soon not have that.

Dan